villa review

Travel discussion for St. John
suzi

villa review

Post by suzi »

Looking for a review for a few villas that we are interested in for Spring 2007. Does anyone have any info on Amore in Cruz Bay? I know I read an old review somewhere. How about Rara Avis, Amani, Inn Paradise? Can't find anything about them. thanks!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I found this on another site:
We stayed at Rara Avis in Feb 05. Views are amazing. The villa was nice, but needed a many updates; especially the bathrooms. The (very small) pool is basically non-existant as it is off to the side, near one of the bedroom cabanas. The website makes it look as if it is right off the main deck. Even though it says the beach is a "short" walk away, it is a very "rocky" beach, nothing like the No. Shore beaches.
sunshine

Post by sunshine »

just got back from 8 glorious days...We stayed at Inn Paradise and really enjoyed it. The views are beatiful of chocolate hole, hart bay. Nice trade winds, which did keep most of the bugs down. There were 4 of us, so we only rented the upstairs (main) part, but they did allow us to use the downstairs fridge so we didn't have to run up for our drinks. Kitchen was fairly well stocked with some of the basics. It was nothing fancy, much more homey of a feel, but really suited our needs. Paco and Cindy from carefree getaways were great, friendly, efficient. If I had to give any downs, it would be no dishwasher, and there was a loud barking dog every morning but not close by. Having both the pool and the hot tub were great. I'd go back in a minute.