Gull Cottage

Travel discussion for St. John
ihochman

Gull Cottage

Post by ihochman »

I've been checking out 3 bedroom villas for my stay in Feb-March. I found
Gull Cottage and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Seems to be right in town on the water but can't tell. Looking forward to your help.
[/code]
bert

Post by bert »

Gull Cottage overlooks Turner Bay near the new barge dock. It's one of four, I believe, units in a small complex, individually owned and rented.

peace.... bert
Steve S

Gull Cottage

Post by Steve S »

I think you're mistaking Cruz Bay for Great Cruz Bay. It looks like Gull Cottage is next to the Westin.
http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/gull/gull.html

A short drive from town, but not walking distance.
bert

Post by bert »

You are right Steve S - it's Great Cruz Bay. I love the view from the sunset patio on the sea wall!

peace.... bert
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Gull Cottage is wonderful! Right on the water although there is no beach front. It is an easy walk to the Westin, and an easy drive to shopping, town, etc.

We loved our stay there!
parafins

gull cottage ''2000''

Post by parafins »

We used Gull Cottage way back in October of 2000!!We had a party of 6 at that time.My wife and I and our 2 small children used the upstairs bedroom.It had air and a nice sized bathroom.From the bedroom you used a winding staircase to go down to the pool.There was a large deck next to the pool and from there was a door to the living room.Wonderful wood floors in the living room!At that time they were adding on a dinning room and had not finished the wiring.So at night we used candles.The dinning room had a large table in it.From the living room you intered a large office with a fold out sofa?It had a nice library and a desk there.From there you went into the master bedroom with it's rock wall bathroom just beyond.Back in the living room near the door that went to the pool was the other bedroom.I don't remember much about that but i'm sure that it had it's own bathroom.All the bedrooms had air.No air in the living room/kitchen/dinning.If you had 3 couples staying there you would some privacy.We thought it had a beach but it does not.I was able to go over the wall and walk the shore to the Westin hotel.Warning:It got pretty buggy at night near the water.We didn't have problems at the pool.The land around the house was flat and was well landscaped.You do have a steep driveway.I think you will like it.And if you stay maybe the sign in book from 2000 will still be there.Best wishes The Benyi family. {dappledox}
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...