how does it work???

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

how does it work???

Post by mbw1024 »

I'm confused on this. if an agency shows prices by the bedroom or for 2 people/4 people, etc on something like a 3 or 4 bedroom villa, are you limited to the parts of the house you can use? IE are the other bedrooms locked or something?

just curious of how this works. we just stayed in a 2 bedroom and we used the other room for our luggage and so forth.

can anyone explain?
Bill in Va

People vs bedrooms

Post by Bill in Va »

Hey there. Charges for the villas are for how many folks are there. Most say 1 to 2 people this price, 2-4 this etc. Its a water/clean up/energy/available occupancy deal. Some are flat rate no matter how many or how few are there. That doesn't mean you rent a two bedroom for your frat party of 20 and rock and roll. Yes it has happened. Honesty is the best policy and as we all know some folks don't care. The villa managers try to make sure who they are renting to. Remember they are responsible to the owners. We have rented a 5 bedroom villa for the 2 of us. Got a great deal and lots of room! I encourge all to get to know the local rental managers. They can get you the best villa and sometimes a great last minute deal. As far as Bongo Bongo. I know the owners who I met at the Beach Bar from this very forum! Never know who will run into there....God bless..Bill
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I think it depends on the house. For five of the houses we've rented we had access to the entire house even though we were paying the two person rate. We didn't use the other bedrooms or attached baths though, except for one house where we ended up taking beach towels out of the rooms because we ran out of dry ones due to the daily rainfall (but we washed and replaced them).

The other house we rented had the all but the master bedroom locked off. However, those bedrooms were in a seperate pod from the rest of the house, so it did not impact the flow of where we were staying at all.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Thanks.

and just to clarify I wasn't asking so I could sneak 4 more people in to the villa when no one was looking :) Just trying to figure it all out!
Thanks for the info Bill and Limasaunt!
patr

Post by patr »

Locked bedrooms? We have never stayed in a villa with locked bedrooms. We have seen closets that are locked.

I think if you are only two people, the management company assumes you will only use one bedroom and one bath.

Yeah, like you we used the extra space for storage of bags and such. Also, borrowed towels when in a pinch.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~