sea baths

Travel discussion for St. John
islandgirl

sea baths

Post by islandgirl »

hey guys i am finally registered. tee hee. i know it took me a long time. may question of the day is: has anybody ever heard of taking a sea bath?? in one of the old issues of caribbean travel and life or islands mag had a small article on people taking sea baths for aches and pains. anyone know? i swear i feel 20 years younger when i am down there. there must be some connection or is it the mysterious magic that is there. lol lol :P :wink: thanks loving stj.[/b]
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

I have friends on STT and one time we all went over to White Bay,BVI and the two women had wash cloths. They sat waist deep in the water and basically took a bath with the fine white sand in the wash cloths. They said that it makes their skin feel so soft and that they feel so much better after. I have never seen this before – but it makes sense to me. They used the fine sand to exfoliate their skin and the saltwater to wash off in.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Hmmm, interesting. But, I 'm sure stranger things have been done after a few Painkillers at the Soggy Dollar :D
janet
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

The sand is a wonderful exfoliator! I always joke around about getting a "Caribbean Pedicure" while on Island. Just walking on and in the sand does wonders for my tough skinned feet. I know TMI :oops:

Jan (akaCharlie)
Toes in the sand: 29 days