Catching a drink on St. John's South Shore?

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

Catching a drink on St. John's South Shore?

Post by RickG »

I've often wondered why there's no place on the South shore of St. John to grab a drink and enjoy the view? From Chocolate Hole to Reef Bay are there any commercial establishments at all besides the nursery in Fish Bay?

On Tortola there is a place called "Rudy's Out Door Bar" that is little more a wood frame shack with an ice chest right off the road up on a ridge with a great view down the island. I love stopping there at the end of the day.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Genral

Post by Genral »

Hey Rick - I'm not at all sure, but isn't most of the South Shore part of the National Park? If so, that's probably why there's no commercial activity.... too bad though.
No matter where you go, there you are.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Rick---I don't know whether zoning regulations would allow it (other than around the Westin--Palm Plaza area). But if they do, you might have an idea that would let you quit that day job!
---Jim
RickG

Post by RickG »

Genral, I was thinking more of the Chocolate Hole/Devers Bay/Hart Bay/Klein Bay/Fish Bay side of things up to the national park.

iowaguy, I'd probably need to keep the day job in order to live on island to run my little bar. Perhaps placed like that are more of a BVI ting. Though, there is that little stand between La Tapa/Quiet Mon and the police station. Nice $2 Tennants!

Cheers, RickG
islandgirl

J"s place

Post by islandgirl »

hey rick you must mean J's place. little local hangout. hi paulie and donna! see you next year. good people.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

The 'shacks' and 'cooler bars' that you find in the BVI are not something that you're going to find on STJ. Have you been the STJ before? It's quite different the the BVI. Your going to love it!! Don't forget to do a trip report.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Diana2 wrote:The 'shacks' and 'cooler bars' that you find in the BVI are not something that you're going to find on STJ. Have you been the STJ before? It's quite different the the BVI. Your going to love it!! Don't forget to do a trip report.
ya, xislandgirl mentions J's place in Cruz Bay. I'm pretty much just looking for a spot to grab a beer and stare at the horizon over where I usually stay. I did find a picture of Rudy's over on webshots
Imagehttp://travel.webshots.com/photo/142352 ... 0085MFZXdc

Diana2, I will certainly write a trip report for our November trip. You can check out some of my previous trip reports in the archive here or over at http://www.garvin.us/STJ/St_John_US_Virgin_Islands.html

Cheers, RickG