Dinghy in Coral Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
Jan&MikeVa

Dinghy in Coral Bay

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

We're planning to rent a dinghy this trip and want to explore Coral Bay and area. A couple of questions we could use your input on.

1. I am very fair skinned and thinking maybe a 1/2 day instead of a full. What's your experiences folks, is there enough to do for a full day? I'd have to worry less about sun protection if we do 1/2 day.

2. Any particular things we should look for or beaches to visit? We snorkel but with my claustrophobia I don't think I want to do the Mangroves. Isn't there a rock out there somewhere that offers up some good snorkeling??

Thanking you in advance.
:lol: :lol:
Jan (akaCharlie)
Toes in the sand: 29 day
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
papabou

Post by papabou »

jan,

buddy & i did half day with crabby and had great time. probably plently unless you plan on spending some time and maybe picnic on one of the private beaches over toward haulover.

talked to crabby couple of days ago and he said his dinghys were out of water due to hurricane season implied he wouldn't put back in until late nov. so beware.

you should have no problems with mangroves. you can swin in open water along the edges and get a fair look. little spooky seeing the filtered sunlight and shadows, but you're swimming in the open.

we got an early start, came back in and had lunch at bistro in the shop area behind crabbies (good), drove around to little lameshur bay and then bay around to east end to see a villa on the water past haulover (pebble cove) i have been thinking about renting if i can eaver tear the bride away from the sunset views on the west side of island.

topped at skinny legs for brew on way out. true to their sign, we got "same day service". coral bay must be how the west side of stj was 20 years ago. laid back man.

papabou