Must Have Villa Music CD?

Travel discussion for St. John
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Oh, puleeeeeze, Donovan and Mellow Yellow.

Now you have forced me to come up with a list. I will start with right out of my head

Clapton
Buddy Guy
ZZTop

and will add in the morning. Just ran out of candy for the kiddies.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

jmq wrote:nothintolose - cool that another Jack Johnson fan has been created. My list also mentions the Subdudes - arent they a New Orleans area band? If so, I would like to hear of similar artists...

Re Bruce...well now you know why folks like Mary Beth have seen him 88 times (!) and records like this are set in his home state (this was for The Rising tour):

Yeah, it's a little cult we have going :)Have seen him in a lot of places including Europe.

Nothingtolose, glad you did share that with us and glad to know that Bruce could bring a few moments of happiness to the folks down there. The Seger Sessions tour has been really interesting a quite a departure for Bruce, but it sure has been fun!

A lot of people don't like him or his politics but that's ok by me. Less of those "Rising" type ticket sales are ok by me!

JMQ I'm sure I've seen you at a show some where :)

MB

Springsteen's Recordbreaking Homecoming: Seven Stadium Shows Sell Out in One Day

Monday, March 03, 2003
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Bruce Springsteen's homecoming with the E Street Band has broken a record.

Fans of the musician snapped up tickets to seven July shows in Giants Stadium, the first time in Ticketmaster history that a performer had sold tickets for seven stadium dates in a single day.

Ticket demand for three announced shows on July 15, 17 and 18 was so extraordinary that two more dates were added on July 21 and 24. When the press for tickets continued, two more shows -- July 26 and 27 -- were tacked on, said officials at the Meadowlands Sports Complex. More than 300,000 tickets were expected to eventually trade hands for the Springsteen extravaganza.

JMQ
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

promoguy wrote:Oh, puleeeeeze, Donovan and Mellow Yellow.

LMAO!! :lol:
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

jmq - The Subdudes are from Louisiana (also play every year - or so it seems - at Jazz Fest).

My two favorite local bands are The Radiators and Cowboy Mouth (both are awesome live and both play every year at Jazz Fest). There are alot of great musicians and bands from down here that I like to hear live but just don't have any of their cds.

As for Jack Johnson (played at Jazz Fest the previous year and I became a fan then), I have all of his cd's except the Curious George soundtrack. I just hadn't thought about bringing him for one reason or another so thanks for the reminder!

I HIGHLY recommend checking out The Radiators if you haven't heard of them or their music.

nothintolose

p.s. Mary Beth - that Seger sessions stuff reminds me of bluegrass combined with gospel combined with folk. It was more what he and the band put into their performance. I liked the music then but it is alot different listening to it on the cd. I guess that's why you go to so many shows (O:
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

It's all about the LIVE show with Bruce!