Ski & Spa New Hampshire

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
jayseadee

Ski & Spa New Hampshire

Post by jayseadee »

HI,

Anyone know of any ski&spa resorts in New Hampshire (not as far north as the Balsams)?

Checked Waterville Valley and Bretton Woods - lots of ski, but no spa. Found some spa's around Jackson, but want to be closer to the slopes.

thanks,
janet
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Check out Conway, slightly south of Jackson. I was thier over New Yeras it a pretty little town
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Good thought, sailorgirl. When I skiied, I didn't care for the areas around Conway; however, I know they've all grown and since I'm not skiing, I'll see what I can find for spa's in the area. If none, I know I can occupy myself going through the shops and outlets in the area - and enjoy a couple of Bloody Mary's at Horsefeathers.

Where did you stay over New Years?
janet
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

jayseadee wrote:Good thought, sailorgirl. When I skiied, I didn't care for the areas around Conway; however, I know they've all grown and since I'm not skiing, I'll see what I can find for spa's in the area. If none, I know I can occupy myself going through the shops and outlets in the area - and enjoy a couple of Bloody Mary's at Horsefeathers.

Where did you stay over New Years?
A friend bought a second home their last year. I don't ski but my husband spent a day at Cranmore. It was fine for someone who hadn't been on ski's in 20+ years. If you go check out Flatbreads at the East Shore Inn the best pizza ever. Long waits though, but they have a nice bar. We were invited back for President's week. I guess we were good guests :-)
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

The Eastern Slope Inn looks nice and it is next to a day spa and Flatbread right there.

Let me see what they've got available.
janet
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Have you looked at this place? It sure looks nice!

http://www.mountainviewgrand.com/
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I've actually looked into this place a couple of times for a golf weekend; but everytime I do some research they seemed to be having some type of construction going on.

I'm not sure we want to head that far north for this weekend, trying to keep it under 3 hours, but this might be worth another look (and an extra day:)

thanks!
janet