anyone stayed at Cocotier

Travel discussion for St. John
ewing33

anyone stayed at Cocotier

Post by ewing33 »

I am looking for the floor plan for cocotier. We are 3 couples looking for equal accomodations. Thanks Kim][/list]
RickG

Post by RickG »

ewing33, we are staying at Cocotier starting on 11/18, so I'll know more then. I've gotten other questions about this villa and will post a review with some details. The web site says "comparable bedrooms with baths ensuite" which was enough for us. You can call Destination St. John for details - 800-562-1901.

I've never seen a review or spoken to someone who has stayed at Cocotier. What sold me, after staying at other villas, was the floor plan. The pool on the same level as the kitchen (stairs and blender drinks don't mix) and having at least one bedroom (three in this case) on the same level as the kitchen and the pool. There is a fourth bedroom upstairs accessible by external stairs. My Father gets around with a cane and stairs are not his friend. The pool is also accessible, with steps instead of a ladder. There is lots of shade on the pool deck as well as sunny spots. Hot tub is a bonus. I also like the setting, high up above Great Cruz Bay in Virgin Grand Estates. You get the sunset and avoid the South Shore breeze that can make the pool chilly. The villa is accessible by Gift Hill Road or up the hill behind the Westin.

Another house I've looked seriously at for three couples is Eaglesnest listed by VIVA. I've met the nice owners and they've added a pool. We always end up with more than three couples, though... yep, already planning another trip before I leave on the next one.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI