Could use your feedback, please!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Anthony
Site Admin

Could use your feedback, please!

Post by Anthony »

Hey everyone,

I just finished a site for a new client - I would appreciate any feedback you have - especially negative and/or reasons you would not use a site like this:

http://aurumitaliangold.com/

Thanks -
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

do we get free jewelery for providing feedback?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

it's easy to navigate the site. Only one comment so far. While it's nice to see the store I'd rather see product right away. I didn't know there were "specials" at first because I didn't scroll down.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

mbw1024 wrote:do we get free jewelery for providing feedback?
I have no control over that :)
MarciaMarciaMarcia

Post by MarciaMarciaMarcia »

I'm no expert but it looks great to me. I love the mosaic jewelery. The only negative I'd say is that I wouldn't tend to order jewelery online without feeling it and trying it on first.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

It is easy to navigate around - nice font, color and layout.

Since they are only shipping to the US, why not have the default currency be USD instead of Euro? Also, since shipping is a flat rate in Euro, it would be nice to see it converted in the Shopping cart.

I do a lot of internet shopping, but not so much for jewelry.

Nice job.
janet
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

MarciaMarciaMarcia wrote:I'm no expert but it looks great to me. I love the mosaic jewelery. The only negative I'd say is that I wouldn't tend to order jewelery online without feeling it and trying it on first.
Right - I can see that, and jewelers were reluctant to go on-line, but people do. The main target of this site is people who have already shopped in the store - maybe they lost a piece or want another or didn't buy when there, etc. Even the owner is not expecting much "foot" traffic - but they really want to let customers have a chance to pick up things they may have passed on the first time.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

jayseadee wrote:Since they are only shipping to the US, why not have the default currency be USD instead of Euro? Also, since shipping is a flat rate in Euro, it would be nice to see it converted in the Shopping cart.
Exactly! A point I need to bring up again with the client... they are resisting this and I couldn't tell you why -

Thanks for all the feedback - it helps a lot!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Anthony wrote:
MarciaMarciaMarcia wrote:I'm no expert but it looks great to me. I love the mosaic jewelery. The only negative I'd say is that I wouldn't tend to order jewelery online without feeling it and trying it on first.
Right - I can see that, and jewelers were reluctant to go on-line, but people do. The main target of this site is people who have already shopped in the store - maybe they lost a piece or want another or didn't buy when there, etc. Even the owner is not expecting much "foot" traffic - but they really want to let customers have a chance to pick up things they may have passed on the first time.
I ordered from 2 stores on STJ AFTER I was home. And they didn't even have shopping carts. I just emailed them and told them what I wanted and they shipped it right out. So this is a good thing in my view. In the event I'm ever in Florence :)
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

mbw1024 wrote:I ordered from 2 stores on STJ AFTER I was home. And they didn't even have shopping carts. I just emailed them and told them what I wanted and they shipped it right out.
Exactly - this store is selling like that already - but with an amazing amount of wasted time, emails, phone calls, pictures sent, etc. Plus there is the time difference and the language issue. This new site will hopefully eliminate all that!
MarciaMarciaMarcia

Post by MarciaMarciaMarcia »

mbw1024 wrote:
I ordered from 2 stores on STJ AFTER I was home. And they didn't even have shopping carts. I just emailed them and told them what I wanted and they shipped it right out.

Exactly - this store is selling like that already - but with an amazing amount of wasted time, emails, phone calls, pictures sent, etc. Plus there is the time difference and the language issue. This new site will hopefully eliminate all that!
That's an excellent point. How many times have I seen something that I loved, but needed time to think about....then left without it and regretted it. I'm thinking of Tutu on Bordeaux Mt.

It might be helpful to add an option in the purchasing process for comments to the seller, like they have on EBay, if there isn't one already. It may be that if you pay through Pay Pal, that is automatic. Since semi-precious gems can vary in color and intensity, the buyer could state a preference or relay a specific request.
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

Very nice, I would buy there. It's a clean and classy page, not cluttered. The banner name is different from domain name, so that might make me wonder if I'm in the right place, is it phishing or the like.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

On the left side, where there is solid green (as you are looking at the products), I would add the sketch background as is seen on the heading. You don't want any wording but you need something; it looks incongruous with nothing but green there. It would tie in nicely, I think.

Just my 2 cents.

Nice site!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Ondine wrote:The banner name is different from domain name, so that might make me wonder if I'm in the right place, is it phishing or the like.
Yes - another valid point. The owners used to have the domains but lost them - I contacted the owner of thegoldmarket.com - they wanted something like $2,500 for it - and the client passed. I think they should buy it personally - it is a little confusing.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote:On the left side, where there is solid green (as you are looking at the products), I would add the sketch background as is seen on the heading. You don't want any wording but you need something; it looks incongruous with nothing but green there. It would tie in nicely, I think.
Another nice observation - I agree! Now if I can make it work is another issue...
You guys are good - thanks!