What a difference a few weeks make!

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

What a difference a few weeks make!

Post by mbw1024 »

Not long ago we were enjoying the warmth of the STJ sun. This weekend we were in Maine. It was like the perfect storm up there on Saturday! Scary! Sunday was beautiful but the winds were still high. I know it's off topic but thought I'd share some photos:

Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Those are great shots! Maine is my 2nd favorite place to visit. We go 2 times a year and I wish I could go more often.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

I've never been to Maine - it sure looks beautiful! Thanks for the pictures Mary Beth!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
jmq

Post by jmq »

Hope you stopped here either on the way in or out of Maine...we always do...classic roadside stand with awesome fried clams and "lobsta" rolls

http://www.bobsclamhut.com/
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

Mary Beth, I know what you mean! I live in NB, which is right beside Maine, the wind was wild! Blowing 65mph. I flew in from Toronto on Sunday afternoon, crazy landing, due to the wind.....then I head for home, get to the ferry (i have to take a short cable ferry ride, only 3 min, to get home. I never seen waves like this. Usually 2 ferries run back and forth, but on Sunday, they were using one ferry to shelter the other from the waves. They were running in tandem, but only one was taking cars. I no sooner got off and headed home, when I heard on the radio that they were taking the ferries off, for safety reasons! I was glad I got across.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

holy smokes! I can't imagine being on the water in those conditions! glad you made it across safely.

when we were out at the Nubble Light I was getting moved by the wind! It was nuts! 2 guys had these small dogs that they were letting run around with no leashes. I was waiting for one of them to go airborne!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Looks like you were at Nebble Light house.Did you go to Ogunquit or walk the Marginal Trail? Great places to visit.Read your posts while your were at Bongo Bongo great pictures. Saw it this last March what a difference.We have 16 days until we are on Island and cant wait.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Mark, my sister has a place in Wells so we were all over those areas. We didn't get to the Marginal Way this time but we normally do. I love in there in the early summer when the flowers are all in bloom!