iPhone...should I or shouldn't I?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I got my husband one for Christmas and he absolutely loves it. Buy it...you must owe it to yourself! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

VickiH wrote:
RickG wrote:Meanwhile, what do you iphone uses do about dropping phones? My burly blackberry has been dropped at least three times. I imagine that cases are pretty important?
The iPhone reeaaalllly doesn't like it when you catch the headphone cord with your arm and jerk it off onto a treadmill belt which might then fling it forcefully into the wall behind you......not that I know this from personal experience or anything..... :roll:

But if I HAD done something like that, hypothetically speaking of course, I imagine that Apple might have sent me a new one for free..... :D
Great visual Vicki. I took the plunge and got it last night. All is well so far ... except I am having issues syncing it with my pc at work (for outlook contacts and calendar and email) the syncing at home worked fine with the itunes, etc.

I am not sure how to do it but I am going to have my personal IT support working on it next week. He considers being defeated by a computer a personal affont to his intelligence. Thank god I don't have to pay him ;)
augie

Post by augie »

flip-flop wrote: I am not sure how to do it but I am going to have my personal IT support working on it next week. He considers being defeated by a computer a personal affont to his intelligence. Thank god I don't have to pay him ;)
I think he should give you an invoice for a dive trip to Cayman Brac!
Come see us!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Now don't you go giving the fellas ideas, Augie!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Houston, we may have an addiction. I am not sure that being able to surf the forum from my phone is a good thing!
LMG

Post by LMG »

I'm so glad to see this thread, FF. And glad for the helpful responses.

I'm seriously thinking about the iPhone, too because I've got some online courses over the next year and the idea of always lugging the laptop just to stay in touch (with clas postings, etc.) does not sound like fun. Plus, I can internet (verb) from here at work where many, many sites like external email are blocked.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I've been blown away by the iPhone personally. The technology is great. It is the first replacement of laptop lugging that has really worked for me.

Very intuitive and very solid operating system.
LMG

Post by LMG »

Well, I have joined the club. Instead of being responsible and doing homework or downloading trip photos last night I spent the evening setting up my iPhone. So far, so good. :)
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

FF and LMG...way to go, girls! Welcome to my addiction.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I got it all synced up at work today. For those who don't know you can sync things to different computers.

For me contacts & calendar are synced with work, while music, photos etc are synced with my laptop.

It is a BEAUTIFUL thing. The latest version of itunes makes it literally idiot proof.