iPhone...should I or shouldn't I?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
flip-flop

iPhone...should I or shouldn't I?

Post by flip-flop »

I am SERIOUSLY crushing hard on the iPhone. I have a serious, long term relationship with all things iPod but never really considered the iPhone until I realized that I hate verizon and we are going to change our service.

The concept of having something that surfs the web, takes pictures, syncs with my outlook and is an iPOD, oh and by the way I can call people too is very enticing. I blame Vicki!

Currently I have a smartphone and my ipod. I would love to replace the two with 1 unit. Any drawbacks? I've heard complaints that the phone itself isn't the best, but I am not a huge phone talker. I prefer email :)

Worth it not worth it anything I should know before I make the plunge?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

looking forward to seeing the responses here because I'm thinking about it too!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Personally, I prefer to wait at least a year to get something that's new on the market. By then they usually figure out all the bugs and get them fixed. :D
augie

Post by augie »

Come see us!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

California Girl wrote:Personally, I prefer to wait at least a year to get something that's new on the market. By then they usually figure out all the bugs and get them fixed. :D
My husband (the IT knowitall) usually says the very same thing but even he is having a hard time coming up with reasons I should wait. His only point right now is that my ipod has 80gigs and the biggest iPhone is only 16 gigs I think. Still, I am NO where near filling up 80 gigs. And the prospect of downsizing to 1 electronic device is extremely enticing.

I can't believe I used to have a cell, ipod and PDA!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

flip-flop wrote: I can't believe I used to have a cell, ipod and PDA!
Ahhhh... technology! Sometimes I feel like I'm living in Futurama or The Jetsons! :lol:
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I remember the first 1 gig hard drive we got & thinking LITERALLY we will NEVER fill this puppy up! Man times change.
augie

Post by augie »

I remember when the PC AT replaced the XT and I wondered who'd ever need a 40KB hard drive...
Come see us!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Interesting site! I know consumer debt is a bit of a problem in this country & I'll admit I have a little problem with Starbucks, but otherwise I am unindebted (is that a word?).

Max out the 401k, have no credit card or student loan debt, and spend WAY less than 24% of my income on debt payments.

So I guess my question is financial reasons aside, any drawbacks :)
augie

Post by augie »

I wasn't trying to imply anything about you, it's just ever since that commercial came out, whenever either of my boys asks me to buy them something that I don't think they need and/or I don't want to fork out for, that's my response.

Technically and personally, I see no problems with the iPhone, assuming the 16G doesn't limit your playlist too much...
Come see us!
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

I just got my first ipod in the mail today. A 1GB shuffle! My son got a nano 4GB for Christmas and it took me all day to figure out how to get music and videos on there for him! Gadgets fall into the "too hard" category for me. My sister bought me a very cool palm-corder for Christmas and I have not touched it other than to charge the battery. All that fine print and all those options... :shock:
I know nothing about the iphone except a client has one. He has been thru 3 of them since it came out. Dont know if the problem is him or the phone though!
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

FF - do I even need to respond? You already know my opinion. I use that phone so much, someone told me the other day I should have it wired into my arm. It's simply awesome. Phone works great. iPod features are very cool (it does things your iPod doesn't do.....curious now, aren't you?). Camera is much better than expected. Internet surfing is simply fabulous. Keypad...so easy to type. Plus you have all the cool stuff like being able to take a song from iTunes and turn it into your ringtone. The real song, not some electronic garbled up elevator sounding version. And, I have yet to experience any glitches, problems, or difficulties. :D
17th Hole

Post by 17th Hole »

I would write how I feel about my iPhone, but it looks like Vicki already covered it. Simply put, you'll never look at a "regular" phone with anything but pity. The iPhone is now an indispensable part of my body. It does everything and more. Don't think another second about it, just get it. I give you my 110% iron-clad guarantee that you will not regret it. I too was with Verizon and made the switch to AT&T for the iPhone. I called them and actually got a human on the second ring! I was shocked!

In fact, to help you make your decision easier, I can get you a $25 AT&T gift card if you let me refer you. PM me for details.
A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Buy it...heck, buy two. (we have Apple stock)
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
17th Hole

Post by 17th Hole »

Pete, I have Apple stock too. Hope you got it last year or sooner. It took a beating (like the rest of the market) this week and last. I got in a few years ago at around $12/share, so I'm still doing pretty good!
A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.