Need accomodation help please

Travel discussion for St. John
stjohnmay2003

Need accomodation help please

Post by stjohnmay2003 »

My husband and I got married on Trunk Bay May 3 2003. Somehow I just realized that this May will be our 5th anniversary. WOW that snuck up on me.

So I am trying to but together a plan for a fairly inexpensive anniversary trip to St John.
One Pass and I have enough miles for 1 free ticket!!! WOO HOO.
Unfortunately the availability for One Pass miles around 5/3 aren't that great. I was hoping to go for 5-6 days. Continental only has departing dates of 4/30 and 5/4 and return dates for 5/8 or 5/9. If we go 4/30-5/8 the ticket we have to pay for is only $325, how great is that? 2 tickets for $325! 8 nights/9 days is a little long and 5/4-5/9 is great for the amount of time but we'd miss our anniversary. That paying ticket is $425, still not bad for 2 tickets.
So I was thinking of staying at the Inn of Tamarind Court. We've stayed there before and it's only $148/night, but add tax and 8 nights is $1300, I could probably find a condo or villa with a kitchen for about that much, maybe? If we stay at the Inn we can't save $ by buying groceries and cooking in which we like to do, but at a condo or villa we can.
So..... sorry this is long..... does anyone have a recommendation for a villa or condo for $1300 or less?
Requirements would really only be that it has air conditioning in the bedroom. We would rent a car so we wouldn't have to be in town.
I want to get ideas and a budget together and see if I can convince my hubby that we should do this.
He loves St John, but not like I love it. He would rather travel to a new place than go back to somewhere that we have been 3 times already. But it's our 5 year anniversary and I might be able to convince him that we must go!
Married- Trunk Bay May 3, 2003
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

If you got married there, it makes sense to me to go back for your anniversary. I'm sure you can convince him.

VRBO.com has lots of one-bedrooms for rent all over the island. There's a wide range of amenities and types of accommodations, so make sure you really check it out and read reviews before you decide. I don't think it'll be hard to find a place in your budget, but it might not be luxury accommodations.
RickG

Post by RickG »

We stayed at the Tamarind in November for a couple of nights. You can do better for an anniversary for the money. Try Samuels Cottages, Cruz Views, vrbo.com. You'll find a better spot if you're getting wheels.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I was just poking around, and you should definitely check out Villa Fish (there's a thread about it around here somewhere), because they had a few that I saw that met your criteria.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

I've always thought Sail View and Snails Pace are cute for a couple on a budget.
stjohnmay2003

Post by stjohnmay2003 »

Thank you all. It seems I can definately find a cottage or small house for the same price as Tamarind. We'll be able to cook there, saving money, along with the added privacy and space.
Plane ticket, villa rental and car rental could be only $1850! That's totally feasible. Wish me luck.
Married- Trunk Bay May 3, 2003
DELETED

Luna Vista

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:13 pm.