Pics of Howie, Friends, & the Forum

Travel discussion for St. John
Jan&MikeVa

Pics of Howie, Friends, & the Forum

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Here are some pics of Howie and also a note about the forum and friendships.

It’s really cool how folks from this forum get to know each other, through pics, and posts, emails, meeting on island, and even making plans to get together in the states. I just wanted to say how glad Howie, Cindy, Mike, and I were that we took the time to meet each other and spent a wonderful day together. But it goes beyond that. Because of them we became good friends with another forum couple in Virginia, Derek & Barb, we see them several times a year. And Bill and Sandie whom we met at Howie’s tribute 2 years ago have also become friends that we’ll be spending some time with on Island. Next Spring we’ll be meeting up with Nothintolose in New Orleans for the annual Jazz Festival.

What’s my point????? DO IT. Get together and get to know each other. This forum has not only helped Mike & I plan the best vacations we’ve ever had, we’ve made some new friends along the way. New experiences and friends are a gift in life, and I think it’s worth bringing up on the forum. I’m excited about the “wild bunch” that will be on Island next May, and all the other gatherings that take place.

Also, there is a beautiful song that Howie wrote (his real name is Paul Houseman) called “When Angels Rock us to Sleep”. He had sent it to Derek in Richmond and some of the words from that song are on the back of the plaque at Skinny’s. Email me direct and I’ll send it to you, unless you can tell me how to post the link. mds9@cox.net

Thanks for letting me take up space, :oops: I’ll shut up now…..…………….I love ya guys!

Jan (akaCharlie)

Jan, Howie, and Cindy

Jan & Cindy

Cindy, Mike, Jan, Howie

Howie & Cindy
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Jorge - Who made you President and CEO of the May “Wild Bunch”.

I think it’s more like this:
Barbara (Jorge’s wife) – President
California Girl – Vice President
FlaSteph – Sergeant at Arms
Jorge – CFO
FlaGeorge – Cook

I have to agree with Jorge – we’ve met some wonderful folks on this forum and have made friendships that will last a life time. Meet up with your fellow forumite’s and experience St. John with new friends.

Chinese Proverb:
There are many fish in the pond.
But to each fish – it is a different pond.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Howie’s wife, Cindy, asked me to post this in response to this post and others. She is having trouble accessing the forum and is unable to post herself. She writes:

Thank you all for pictures and posts about my Howie. You all have touched me very deeply. I will always remember how thoughtful everyone was that sent e-mails after Howie passed away. It has been a very HARD two years for me. My life will never be the same without him. Our love for one another was very deep, we were soul mates in every sense of the word. I WILL return to STJ and ring the bell at Skinny’s for him. I hope one day to meet a lot of you. Be friends. Thank you, you are all wonderful people.

Cindy

Cindy reads the forum, there’s just something wrong with her password so she can’t post. If you would like her email address just PM or email me.

Jan (akaCharlie)