Anyone have those Bose headphones

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
PA Girl

Anyone have those Bose headphones

Post by PA Girl »

Like advertised in SkyMall and TV?

Hubs is begging for a set ever since a row-mate let him try his pair.

The ones he wants (me to order) are $350 and I question the utility/value.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

go ahead and get them for him just think what you will be able to get when you bring them up to him :lol:
augie

Post by augie »

The price has kept me from pulling the trigger and ordering a set, but several people that I know have them, and they all absolutely LOVE them, and say they are a world apart from "normal" headphones.

One of the things I like about them is that they block out so much outside noise that I wouldn't need to turn my mp3 player all the way up to be able to hear the songs when I'm on a plane.
Last edited by augie on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come see us!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

My feminine lack of enthusiasm for high-price gadgets is crumbling thanks to Waterguy’s hit at subtle sneakiness, which swayed me along with the fact that I have spent the better part of the day ordering trip-related food, booze, clothing and shoes.

A gal that just ordered custom flip-flops from Eliza B probably has no business strong-arming husband’s travel goodies.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I bought my hubby a set 4 or 5 years ago and he really loves them. He uses them everyday (he listens to satellite radio in the office) and he loves them for traveling too. He bought me a pair of the Bose ear buds for Christmas. I haven't used them yet but I have a trip coming up this month to California and will use them then.

I'd say, "Go for it. He'll love them." and who knows what kind of bonus/payoff you may be able to get out them.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

got them for Charlie for Christmas. He never asked for them but I thought he'd like them. Needless to say he LOVES them!!!!!!! A little too much if you ask me :roll:
jmq

Post by jmq »

No offense to any Bose-philes out there, but plenty of audiophiles concur that some Bose products are a lot of smoke and mirrors and somebody (you) has to pay for those full page ads in the Sunday magazine inserts.
There are other noise canceling headphones out there that may be just as good or better for much less $. I am partial to Sennheiser headphones myself.
Maybe do a little research at places like here before you pull the trigger
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/elect ... eview.html
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
rpplano

noise-cancelling headphones

Post by rpplano »

I'm in the production biz and fly way too much. Ipods save my sanity. My partner spent the money for the Bose. I bought the Sennheiser. We compared them and both agree that the Sennheiser feels better on the head and sounds very clean. The Bose looks cooler and has more visual appeal. Do you want form or function?

I bought the Sennheiser for $139.00, so maybe I'll order another set for the wife. STJ in May! :D
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I bought Don a set when they first came out; he loves them. He'll often wear them on the plane without the iPod just to filter out all the noise. The earpads finally wore out but he was able to replace them.

He bought me a pair about a year ago. I also love them. I had bought 2 or 3 other brands of noise cancelling headphones, but none measured up to the Bose ($100 range). I wear them for traveling and also in the office - drives my boss batty as it filters him out as well :lol:
janet
RickG

Post by RickG »

jmq wrote:No offense to any Bose-philes out there, but plenty of audiophiles concur that some Bose products are a lot of smoke and mirrors and somebody (you) has to pay for those full page ads in the Sunday magazine inserts.
My hardcore audiophile business partner taunts Bose product buyers. Sweet Christine's parents love theirs.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Dave-a-roni

Post by Dave-a-roni »

I agree withg jmq, Sennheiser is a good brand and much cheaper. Shure makes good gadgetry too.
I'd could never justify spending that much on head phones... I thought 50 bucks for Sony ear buds was a lot but they were great, very good frequency range and took a lot of abuse before they pooped on me.
Just my 2 cents. :)
"Try to preserve nature where you live, not just where you visit"

Photo's
2008 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-a-ron ... 118102515/
2005 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-a-ron ... 326642810/
Bug

Post by Bug »

I have them and use them all the time. I'm really happy with mine!

XOXO
Bug
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Hmmmm - all good information. I didn't make a purchase yet. I am going to get him to look at both.

He is a total sucker for Bose marketing but may be swayed.
augie

Post by augie »

I bought the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 model.

They are on sale right now at Amazon.com for $120.
Come see us!