Warning!

Travel discussion for St. John
cuddles

Warning!

Post by cuddles »

Last week four of us were preparing to hike the Annaburg trails. We parked our Jeep and took a few moments to get a drink from our thermos and apply bug spray.

There was a man standing near the edge of the parking area staring into the woods in the direction of the trail. After a moment he got into his car and drove away.

We decided to make use of the restrooms before the hike. As I vacated the rest room the man was waiting to enter. My husband had noticed the man returning, park his car and wait for his turn.

We didn't think any more of it at the time so we set out for our hike.

When we returned after about 20 minutes we discovered our locked glove box had been pried open and my husband's water box and cash had been stolen. The credit card had been removed from the water box and left behind.

We drove to Trunk Bay and reported the incident to the park ranger. We suspect the man we saw was responsible although I suppose it could have been someone else. In retrospect his behavior was suspicious.

My husband was able to give the ranger a decent description of the man as well as the car he was driving. The ranger told my husband that they had been getting more frequent reports of problems in that area.

Fortunately for us it wasn't very much cash, just enough to buy lunch. We were lucky we didn't carry more.
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Thanks for the heads up. It seems like you can’t go anywhere any more without looking over your shoulder. It’s good that your husband got a good look at him – maybe they can get this guy. Good advise – just take as much money you need for the day.

This must have dampened your day – I sure hope that it didn’t ruin your vacation.

Thanks again.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Eric on St John

Post by Eric on St John »

I would be very curious to hear the description of the guy & the car if you have time....you can email instead if you prefer ericlidicker@earthlink. net

thxs,
eric
Eric on St John