Xislandgirl - I'm sorry for your loss.

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Image[/url]
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

So sorry for your loss, XIG. Grandmothers are treasures.
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

X - I am so sorry. I lost my Granddad one year ago this month, so I am sending prayers your way.

Marcia - With all my heart, I am wishing your parents one last wonderful trip to the USVI in St. Croix.
LMG

Post by LMG »

Xig- I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I spent the last weekend helping to care for my grandmother who had a little scare, like many 82-year-olds do. They are so special.

Marcia- I hope your parents have a lovely trip together to St. Croix.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, X. I miss my grandmothers every day. Hugs to you.

Marcia, I will wish for a wonderful vacation for your parents too. It sounds like they have so many special memories of St. Croix. I hope they get to make some more on this trip.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Arent' we blessed to have these special women in our lives? Mine have been gone a long time but I still have such wonderful memories. May those special memories of your grandmother make you smile and give you comfort.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

So sorry about the loss of your Grandmother. Time will heal some of the hurt and you will soon find that the wonderful memories sustain you.

Marcia, reading about your parents made me cry. I wish them much love and peace; and strength to you.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Talked to Mom and Dad tonight. He put out a card table for Mom to use, to lay out her things for packing. She's been struggling (a great deal of pain and lots of tremors) but, according to Dad, she has her things organized. Ready for packing. You have no idea what it means to pack for my Mom. Every outfit has coordinating jewelry and accessories. Dad doesn't know much about those things (but, he has appreciated them for the 67 years they have been married, because she has always been a beauty!) but he's doing his best to help.

Mom is so excited to be going back to St. Croix. Dad is doing his best to get her there.

The islands...they cure the soul.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Marcia My Prayers go out to you and your parents. They are very lucky to have such a powerful love. I hope this trip is extra special for them.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

X-my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It's such a blessing to have those wonderful characters in our family!

Marcia-I wish your parents a perfect trip to St. Croix. Reading about them makes me tear up! I want to be like that at their age!
MarciaMarciaMarcia

Post by MarciaMarciaMarcia »

Add my sincerest condolences to you Xislandgirl.

Marcia, that's a lovely thing for your folks to do. My heart goes out to you and your family.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Thoughts and prayers are with you. So glad you had a special grandma in your life. I did as well and she lives on in my heart always...
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

My father was successful in getting Mom to St. Croix...they arrived this afternoon. Now, I am hoping that the Caribbean can do its magic and take away all of the bad jumbies for her, for just one week.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to read my message and offer such kind words.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Marcia, I also wanted to say that I hope your mom & dad have the trip of a beautiful lifetime together. What a special place for them.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote:My father was successful in getting Mom to St. Croix...they arrived this afternoon. Now, I am hoping that the Caribbean can do its magic and take away all of the bad jumbies for her, for just one week.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to read my message and offer such kind words.
That's wonderful. I wish them a wonderful trip. Please let us know how they do :)

We go to the same lake in Maine every year. My mom has been going there since she was 1 year old. She's 84 now. Every year when we leave the lake I wonder if it was her last. For all the talk of how old she is she keeps on trucking.
She was 42 when I was born and she said "oh just let me live until she finishes high school" :roll: Um, that was some years ago now! 8)