GRAND CAYMAN PICTURES :)

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

GRAND CAYMAN PICTURES :)

Post by California Girl »

I finally got all the pictures I took on Grand Cayman edited and posted on pbase. If you're interested, here's where you can see them: http://www.pbase.com/thegripps/grand_cayman

Enjoy! :D
Margo
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

Margo, Thank you for the spectacular photos. I thot I'd look at a few and the next thing I knew I was looking al ALL of them. You have a great eye and I appreciate you posting them for us to see. WOW...great colors. I always want to come home and paint things Caribbean colors, they are so HAPPY, you did a good job capturing all the best where ever you go...from the flowers, to butterflies,ocean, sunsets, gecko's,iguana's,even the rental cottage...it doesn't end... GREAT JOB!

Carolyn
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I love your pictures, CG, they are great!
Did you post them on the Cayman Islands forum? You should.
California Girl

Thanks Carolyn & Seanile! Yes, I posted them on Anthony's Grand Cayman forum and also on Trip Advisor :D
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Wonderful pictures. Lovely color of the water and the sky. Cayman islands looks a bit similar to Turks and Caicos. The same type of nature and color of the water (and I guess as expensive) :lol:

Thanks for sharing.
California Girl

Thanks Maggy - I don't know how expensive Turks & Caicos is, but I have to say that Grand Cayman is the very most expensive place I've ever been!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Wonderful photos, CG. How did you like Cayman Is. compared to STJ? I haven't been there in several years, but I do remember it being extremely expensive. Seven mile beach is a great beach to walk for hours, I just wish it had the views and hills of the VI. I do remember pretty good off shore snorkeling.
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Great shots Margo. I can’t believe the new construction on the East End – guess it was just a matter of time. I remember when there use to be just one building (Bob Soto’s East End Dive Lodge) was out there. And Rum Point was just a Tiki Hut that they sold beer out of a cooler. If you got there early – you got a cold beer, otherwise the ice was melted and you got a warm beer. Thanks for sharing.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
California Girl

George - You wouldn't believe the condos that are going up on East End. I'd say the ones in my pictures are only one group of about 3 or 4 complexes. The East End will be very busy very soon. Sad, huh?
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Margo,

Thanks for posting all of your photos. So far I have only made it through the ones of Rum Pt and the Island Houses. They have really changed the way the Island Houses look, they use to just have asphalt shingles on the roof. The outside was painted in dark earth tones to blend into the surroundings. I sure Ivan had alot to do with the major re-do.

I look forward to the East End pictures. I'm sure that area has really changed.

Thanks again
Mark
California Girl

Hi Mark! Asphalt shingles? So that explains all the shingles we found in the water at Rum Point and on the beach at East End. I'm with you on thinking this was Ivan's doing! Glad you're enjoying the pictures! :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:42 pm.