Some members may find this newsworthy

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Anthony
Site Admin

Some members may find this newsworthy

Post by Anthony »

USVI GRACES THE COVER OF THE 2008 SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIMSUIT ISSUE

St. John chosen from dozens of locations world-wide

ST. JOHN, U.S. Virgin Islands, February 12, 2008 - For the first time ever, the U.S. Virgin Islands will grace the cover of the 2008 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. The much anticipated stand-alone edition, which will reach more than 67 million adults in the U.S. alone and is the most widely-read issue of any magazine in the world, hits newsstands nationwide today.

The shoot, which was coordinated by the Department of Tourism and its New York-based public relations firm M Booth & Associates, took place last October throughout St. John, including on-location at Caneel Bay, A Rosewood Resort. SI-favorite Marisa Miller poses on the cover, while inside the magazine readers can enjoy her pictorial, along with those of models Oluchi Onweagba and Melissa Baker, all photographed on St. John by famed fashion photographer Raphael Mazzucco.

"We are honored that out of the most beautiful locations in the world, the editors of Sports Illustrated chose St. John to grace the cover of this year's swimsuit issue," states Commissioner of Tourism Beverly Nicholson-Doty. "There is no better way to share the beauty of America's Caribbean with the world than through the beautiful photographs and eloquent editorial that are featured throughout the magazine."

An American institution since 1964, the annual SI Swimsuit Issue features some of the world's most beautiful supermodels posing at spectacular locations around the world. Outside the U.S., the issue is distributed in more than 10 foreign countries including China, Czech Republic, Greece, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain and Taiwan. In addition, an unprecedented collection of more than 1,000 photos and 60 swimsuit video clips from this year's photo shoots can be seen exclusively online at http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/featur ... _swimsuit/

For information about the United States Virgin Islands, visit usvitourism.vi
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
mia

Post by mia »

Hip Hip Hooray for St. John! :D
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks for the info.
Maybe I will buy the issue for my husband. That would sure be a surprise, but a good Valentine's day present. :D
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I clicked on the link and you can hardly see the beaches for all the girls! What's up with that? LOL! One girl looks very uncomfortable posed in a tree. :lol:
jmq

Post by jmq »

And some of those bikini tops somehow kept on getting un-tied! (maybe by some jumbies or something...)
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide