Leaving tomorrow! One last question..

Travel discussion for St. John
katiep

Leaving tomorrow! One last question..

Post by katiep »

So we are packed and ready.. Going carry on only (yay!). Bringing all the usual beach attire - shorts, tank tops, sundresses, flip flops, etc... but am wondering if I should perhaps take a light jacket to wear at night. We've never been in Feb before, so I'm not sure about this. Since we're doing the carry on only thing, I'm trying to keep it to things I know I'll need. Thanks guys!
MarciaMarciaMarcia

Post by MarciaMarciaMarcia »

If you take one you won't need it but if you don't you will. I usually take a light sweater that I wear to and from the airport and in the plane. I usually don't need it down there in Feb. but it's there if I do.

Have a ball!
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I agree. I think you should have something to put on
if it gets a little chilly at nite. It rarely does, but
you should be covered just in case. Keep it light so
it should take up too much room or weigh too much.
Have a great time!!!
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

I don't recall ever needing long sleeves, but if you do buy it there and then you'll have a souvenir!! Less to take and leaves room for goodies to take home!!
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

I'd take one for the plane more than on-island, but then of course you've got it if you want it while you're there. I have needed sleeves a few times, mostly in windy places.
Jennifer

theshopper3

Post by theshopper3 »

Katiep,

We were down 2 weeks ago & I was only cool one night at Woody's but I had gotten a bit too much sun that day.

The Shopper
RJ in Wisconsin

Post by RJ in Wisconsin »

We always fly out of Chicago, and in Winter, you can't just get to & fly out of the airport without some sort of a jacket. Last time we went in March, and even though the temp. in St. John at about 10 at nite was right around 70 degrees (& my body was used to Wisconsin winters), I still got a little bit chilled by the breeze. Luckily, I wore a little Nike warmup jacket to get to O'Hare, and was I ever glad I had that jacket in St. John. It worked perfectly for those breezy evenings & upon our return to "real" Winter.
My dream is to live on St. John & vacation in Wisconsin(only in Summertime)!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Maybe it's because I live here but at night I have been wearing (around the house anyway) a thin long sleeve top and thin yoga pants.

If your villa is high up and catches the breeze, I would need it so you might - I guess it depends if you chill easily. I also have been wearing a thin "cardi" to some of the restaurants as (to me) it gets chilly at night :)

Hope this helped

Pia