Sunday cookin'

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

Sunday cookin'

Post by mbw1024 »

Right now my pork roast is resting on a bed of onions while bathing in a mixture of apple cider, horseradish mustard and St. John jerk Spice. From STJ Spice .. of course!
It smells divine if I do say so myself. Can't wait to pop it in to the oven.

What's cooking in your kitchen today?
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Since we're having a great 80 degree day, it means some slow smoked baby back ribs and a pork butt for some nice pulled pork and leftovers for carnitas. Butt is on now and the ribs go on in a couple of hours.

Sides are tater salad and slaw.

Fresh guacamole.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

It's 2:17pm and we just had scrambled eggs with cheese and Canadian bacon :? Not very exciting but the Saints game is :!: :D :!:

Sure would like to have something good on the stove or in the oven though.

nothintolose
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I've got a pot roast cooking right now. It's pretty boring, but it does smell really good. I would much rather be having promoguy's meal, though!!
RickG

Post by RickG »

3 chili cheese dogs and 3 Sierra Nevada celebrations at the Vienna Inn while the Redskins win on a field goal after a penalty on the last play.

Next stop, grocery store for tonights late dinner. Gee, pot roast sounds good!

Cheers, RickG
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

SN Celebrations? Isn't that the Christmas beer? My is it Christmas already??????
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

With all of this football talk I have to say, "How about the Cats yesterday?" We can't usually say that until basketball!! :)
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I was wondering what Sierra Nevada Celebrations were. Is it really Christmas beer? Might have to try it!!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

King crab legs for lunch...thanks mom.
Chip is in the kitchen cooking something, he won't tell me what.
Sunday dinner is always a surprise for me!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

We're going to our favorite Mexican restaurant before heading to see The Blue Man Group tonight.

I'll probably start with a Margarita (on the rocks with salt) & then have the chicken enchiladas in green tomatillo sauce and the world's best refried beans. :D
cat

Post by cat »

We did the Saint's game at Buffalo Wild Wings with ribs and popcorn shrimp. Home drinking Godiva Egg Nog Coffee and playing on the computer before a holiday meeting at work.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

No cooking for me today. Husband is in the VI. Went to my daughter's and she cooked for me. Getting ready to watch the Pats beat the Colts! It's nice to have a Sunday off from cooking because everyone is usually here for the games and I do all the cooking. Going to pour myself a nice glass of pinot grigio and relax. Hope everyone had a nice day (well, as nice as it could be when you are not on island).
[/url]
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

RickG Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:20 pm Post subject:

3 chili cheese dogs and 3 Sierra Nevada celebrations at the Vienna Inn while the Redskins win on a field goal after a penalty on the last play.

OMG Rick, I grew up in Vienna.....had no idea the "Vienna Inn" was still there! Just got home from the Redskins game and had lousy ball park hot dogs, yuch! But the ambiance was great...........

Mary Beth great topic. Normally we're home on Sundays and in the Fall/Winter I cook some type of roast. Slow cooked in the oven makes the house smell good, much better than it tastes!! :P :P :P

Jan (akaCharlie)
Toes in the sand: 21 days 8)
cuddles

Post by cuddles »

Hubby cooked a marinated beef briskit. Yum!!! He's not making it easy to lose the 8 pounds I gained when we were in STJ last month!