A few hours away

Travel discussion for St. John
MarciaMarciaMarcia

A few hours away

Post by MarciaMarciaMarcia »

Finally, Saturday the 16th of February will arrive and take us back to my family's favorite place on earth. We will leave before dawn and today I'm busy packing, drowning in laundry, organizing things for the care of the beasts, mail, paper, etc. In the past I have never posted a proper trip report, a fact that has weighed on my conscience because I have received so much enjoyment from reading others' reports. I just really stink at following through. So...

This year I am taking along my Christmas present from my husband and sons....my first laptop, a Macbook. I've had a few tutorials and although far from proficient, I can download and post photos from it. It's funny that what was second nature on the pc is rather difficult for this old dog to learn on Mac. It's all fun though and I am beginning to wonder why we haven't used Mac's all along. Anyhoo, I'm going to try to share some of our experiences with you folks while we are there. I believe that Gallows has a wireless connection in the lobby, so when we need a break from the sun I'll fix myself a tropical adult beverage and mosey over to the lobby to post some photos, observations, anecdotes and maybe a restaurant review or two.
Maybe we can manage to scratch a message in the sand around 5ish.
17th Hole

Post by 17th Hole »

Welcome to the Mac community! I'm a long-time Mac user so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to try and help. I just got a new Macbook Pro a few weeks ago and am planning on taking it along on our trip to keep a daily journal so that when we return, my trip report will be ready for posting.

Have a safe trip and look forward to your TR!
A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Have a wonderful trip Marcia!

I'm a PC'er by day and an iMac'er by night. The Command key still bites me :?

Looking forward to some mid-week updates - we'll be sure to save the next big snow for your return :lol:
janet
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Have a great trip! I am looking so forward to it :lol: I seriously love our trip reports on this board!!

My son, who is a star with the Mac, wants me to replace my Dell with a Mac. I am a little scared! But I love how little space his takes!!

Now go get that laundry done!

Gina
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

I also just got a mac this year. I believe I bought one of the very first IBM PCs back in 1982, and for years, I never wanted to leave the world of c:\

It's taken a while to get used to the Mac world. I'm not used to things being so intuitive they're obvious. I already love it though.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.It's supposed to get very cold here tomorrow. Out just in time.
Last edited by Maryanne on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

I love my Mac! I've had one at home since 1995. Hubby has an iPhone as well - too cool 8) You'll love yours too.
Have a blast!
Last edited by ccasebolt on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Have a safe journey and a GREAT time in paradise!! Oh and please have an "adult beverage" for us...your farewell party :)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I know you'll have a great time, so I'll just say Bon Voyage! 8)

I'm looking forward to your on-the-spot reports!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I love my MAC book. Pete got it for me about a year ago because I was still using the Dell PC in our living room and he'd be in the kitchen, a few feet away, on his fancy MAC book, looking at this board and I'd be sitting at the other computer rolling dice 'cause I was waiting to log on.

Since then, the Dell is gone. We have a MAC in the living room for the kids, we have an Apple TV, we have every Apple I-pod product ever produced and more. As I have mentioned previously, Pete is the A/V guy. I just go along for the ride.

I love this puppy. So easy. So intuitive.

Please use yours to keep us all up to date on your adventures.

Have a wonderful trip, Marcia. From Marcia. :)
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Just to echo the Maclove...when I opened my own law firm last year, the best decision I made was to go to all Macs. No viruses, they work=no need for an IT person.

Love 'em.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
MarciaMarciaMarcia

Post by MarciaMarciaMarcia »

Thanks so much for all of the well wishes! Laundry is done, bags are packed and one of those adult beverages is calling me right now! Trouble is the cupboard is bare in that department. Missing ipod mini-crisis averted and Pete (DH) is running #1 son across the island to pick it up at a friend's house. What we do for our kids. As luck would have it there is a little packy store between here and there proving that there is indeed a God. Watch it be closed.
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Have great time!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I'm jealous, but have a wonderful time and I will be looking for real time updates.
theoverman

Post by theoverman »

go get em marci x3...get out of this crappy new england winter and rock the vi's.