PIA- I have a new career for you

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Xislandgirl

PIA- I have a new career for you

Post by Xislandgirl »

I am watching publice television and they are showing the America's Ballroom Challenge, International Standard.

They have 2 commentators. One is a man that has extensive ballroom knowledge. The woman is Jasmine Guy, that used to be on the Cosby Show I believe. She has commented on the fabric of the gowns and wants to know who the couples keep from knocking into each other :? We only had 2 years of lessons but I know that I would have enough sense to talk about something other than fabric.

You need to be a ballroom commentator.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Too funny :)

I was at that competition during filming (Ohio in November) and competed in it for 9 years (finished 2nd :( ) and now have judged it many many times.

Ron Montez is the male commentator - 9 times US Champion and my former teacher during my competitive years and boy do I agree with you they are soooooo bad. Unfortunately most of the dialogue is written for him so he is very limited as to what he can say - and I agree I would be great :wink: with comments like "What the he** was she thinking wearing that "Shrek" outfit" I can imagine me being the "Joan Rivers" of the Ballroom world - not that I say what is on my mind or anything :lol:

Maybe my forum family can email PBS with a suggestion of a new image of the show :)

Pia
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Jasmine Guy was so horrible, it was laughable. During the Viennese Waltz she wanted to know why the dancers would "spin in one direction, then the other and then spin in place." I wanted to jump through the TV and tell her that was the point of the Viennese Waltz :lol:

I have to agree with you about the Shrek costume. It just seemed so silly to me.

Maybe I will send PBS an email, they were terrible to listen too, but the danicing was great. I was scanning the audience for you.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey! I was watching too, and I'm right there with ya' X! Jasmine Guy was pathetic... how did she even get that job anyway? Marylou Henner was so much better (or was that another dance competition?)

Pia, I'm sure I've seen you dance... we always watch the ballroom competitions. Wish I'd taped them so I could go back and look for you - LOL! I think you'd be an awesome commentator! So we need to write to our PBS stations to get Jasmine replaced by you? :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:08 pm.