New to this Forum from vinow.com - - thanks Sea Nile!

Travel discussion for St. John
LandLockedBeachLover

New to this Forum from vinow.com - - thanks Sea Nile!

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

Thanks Sea Nile for suggesting this forum! Love it!

Had a few glasses of wine this weekend with the hubby. Started talking about a trip to the VI next summer with the kids. Liquored up = amenable to vacation talk :wink: .

I am a complete and total addict.

What places would you all suggest to stay with 2 kids in STT for as close to $150/night as possible? I've heard quite a bit about Crystal Palace B&B, Sapphire Beach, Lucy's Jewel condo. There are some awesome deals for Bluebeard's - - any opinions?
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Welcome to this forum! Congratulations on talking your husband into another trip!
I am sorry that I can't help you out with the question about STT. I have only stayed on STJ. I am sure there is someone out there who will help you.
When are you going next summer? We are going in June with the kids, but to STJ.
LandLockedBeachLover

Terri - Haven't got that far yet as far as specifics! My daughter has her annual dance recital in the first week of June, so I would imagine it would be after that. When are you going? I would be great to coordinate the schedule so we can meet up at some point, if not try to arrange a BVI trip. My kids would just love the Baths at Virgin Gorda. Not sure if you've ever been, but your kids would enjoy it as well...
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

We are going 6-8 to 6-15-07. I will have to get my husband drunk to talk him into a day trip. :lol: He doesn't think we need to spend the money on a trip to the baths or whatever when the beaches are great on STJ. We will see.. :)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey there Landlocked! Good to see you on this forum. You'll find a lot of friendly people here :)

I can't answer your question, either, but I know several people will probably have tips for you. I mostly just wanted to say welcome! :D
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

Welcome Aboard!

For a place to stay, I would suggest you look at Absolute Paradise.I've stayed there it's very nice. Here is their web site
http://www.absoluteparadisevillas.com/index.html

Also, I've heard that the rest of Pineapple Villas, of which Absolute is a part of, rents for cheaper. It has a beach and a pool, and private patios. Can walk to Coki and a short drive to Red Hook.

I've heard the Green Iguana is nice, but never stayed there.

Have stayed at Bluebeards and it was Good as well. We stayed in one of the units on the hill over looking the water. Booked a room, then heard people say it wasn't great, but I thought it was great for $79.00 per night.

Good luck!
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

I too would like to welcome you to this forum.

Another possibility for your stay on STT would be the Point Pleasant Resort (http://www.pointpleasantresort.com/). We stayed there for our honeymoon.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
toni

Post by toni »

Welcome! Are the kids staying in the same room with you for $150/night? Or are they older? Green Iguana is very reasonable and walkable to downtown C.A., (might need a taxi getting back up the hill!). Nice thing about the Iguana is the price and they have some rooms with complete kitchens, so that can help out $$$wise. But if you're looking for beach proximity or bigger accomodations, there's probably better choices. June being off season you should be able to find some good rates. Good luck!
LandLockedBeachLover

Further clarifications

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I love it here already. Something else to divert me from work!

Yes, the kids will be staying in the room although a suite would be awesome (with separate bedrooms :lol: ). I think I'm dreaming for $150 a night though. We've stayed at the Wyndham - - they love it there. I also have enough Marriott points for 4 nights there, but I'd need 3 nights somewhere else. Doesn't need to be glamorous. We are planning to take the ferry to the Baths and go to the local beaches anyway.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Hello and welcome!! Have fun in your planning of your next trip to STT!! :)
Coden