JT didn't miss the boat

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

JT didn't miss the boat

Post by California Girl »

JT and Betty were so excited to be there they forgot about the web cam. But it's OK, Ruth chased them down and took their picture across the street. Thanks Ruth! They can't wait to get to Coral Bay.

He really does have a "s**t-eatin' grin!"

Last edited by California Girl on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Great! Thanks for the update California girl! I wish on my way to Coral Bay!!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Oh the pain, the intense desire to smell the island! We are sitting in a parking lot in the rain waiting for the last soccer practice of the year to start. JT, I am plain jealous. Have fun! We'll be there soon.

Cheers, RickG

Coden

Post by Coden »

Lucky ducks!!! Have fun!!! :D
Coden
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

This was pretty funny today. I was on the balcony right under the camera ready to take a "real" photo when JT waved at the camera. I saw a guy getting off the ferry with long hair, and I didn't see anyone with a ponytail. So I thought "that must be them."
My neighbor artist Elaine Estern got off the same ferry. Elaine has been away for a month and spent two weeks in Florida nursing her chocolate lab puppy through double hip replacement surgery and then two weeks in Africa.
Elaine was right next to the people who I thought were Mr. and Mrs. JT and was madly waving, and I was waving back, but I was also trying to wave at JT and his wife, who clearly could see that I was waving at Elaine.
So I figured I would know for sure it was them when they waved at the web cam, but they didn't. I hollered "Hey JT! Joe!" as they walked away, but I wasn't sure if he could hear me.
At that point I didn't know whether I should chase them down or go down and welcome Elaine home. She was waiting for a ride, so I figured I had a few minutes. I ran across the street and chased down JT and Betty and introduced myself, took a picture and then went back and spoke with Elaine (who was ready to drop after a two-day trip from Africa.) Truffles is still recuperating in Florida and will return soon with a friend who will accompany her from Florida.
Phew.
Elaine went home to rest, JT and Betty were off to Coral Bay, and I went to vote.
Very Busy Afternoon!
-Ruth
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

what a scream!

Ruth, you're such a good person!
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Well, thank you Mary Beth, I don't know about that, but if we ever have Virgin-Islands-On-Line.com Superlatives, I should definitely get "Best Greeter."

If we do this, I really think I should still get credit for the parade I was planning for you and Charlie before I found out that you were taking the Caneel Bay Ferry. I had several people lined up. Some of them even had costumes, of sorts. They were not necessarily people you can rely on, but still....
-Ruth
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey Ruth! Keep those people handy! Lord knows I'd love a parade when I arrive! :lol:
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I love a parade!
Keep them on retainer until I return!
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Oh Ruth, you are a riot!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I was watching the webcam and was so disappointed not to see them, thanks for catching up with them and posting the pic!

WHAT did you do before you moved over to the dock and became the "Official Greeter/Photographer"??? Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks (not to mention shopping).

Thanks for keeping us all up to date.

Jan (aka Charlie)
Toes in the sand: 19 days
cat

Post by cat »

That is too funny! I love that you are there to greet those of us that you have been chatting with all year long! It must be really fun to actually meet everyone! It is different when you can see and hear a person you are talking to. OK this is getting too serious! Thanks for the pic and keep greeting! :)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:29 am.