Looking for a hook bracelet

Travel discussion for St. John
SarahD

Looking for a hook bracelet

Post by SarahD »

Hey guys, I'm looking for a caribbean hook bracelet online and have found the websites for Caravan and Freebird jewelry stores, but I was wondering if anyone has links to some of the other STJ stores. It's for my sisters birthday. She's the only one of my 3 sisters (and my mom) that doesn't have one, so we thought we'd suprise her! If anyone has some other good links, please post them here if you can.

I tried searching the forum, but I must be a dweeb cause I can't get any results! :?

Thanks,
SarahD
Bill in Va

St John Bracelets

Post by Bill in Va »

Hi there. Please go to www.stjohnjewelers.com This is the web site for Coral Bay Jewelers which is right off the ferry dock. Alice and Tom are the owners and they make all the stuff right there. Most of the other shops import the product. They have a bracelet for every beach on St John as well as the standard hook ones. Give them a call or email and say that Bill and Sandie from Va sent you. It will save you some bucks. They will need to know the measurements of the wrist to make the right size. My bride of 27 years has 8 of them so far....More to come on this visit in 2 weeks! God bless....Bill
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I bought my bracelets at Palm Jewelry. Go go http://www.palmjewelers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc . The have beautiful hook bracelets in many styles and they also have the great hook rings. I recommend their stuff.
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

Thanks for the information. I'll check those out!

SarahD
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

With St. John Jewelers, their stuff is excellent, but I would call them rather than email. I've tried contacting them multiple times via their site for a bracelet I bought from them that got mangled by airport security that I need to have fixed, with no response. (But that's OK, I keep bringing it back to the island and "forgetting" to stop in and have it fixed. Then I tell John, oh well...maybe next trip! Heh heh.)

My j-hook is from Caravan Jewelers. I looked at it on the web and then phoned them with my wrist size. (Too lazy to actually shop while on vacation!) I actually think I measured wrong and it is a little too big, but I am too attached to it to switch it out.

Both bracelets are excellent quality. The Coral Bay Jewelers ones are very original. I think I tried almost every one on before deciding which to get. The man at the store told me that some people buy a bunch over the years and stack them on top of each other. That's not my personal style, but I sure would not mind having an assortment of their designs in my collection of baubles!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I got mine at Palm Jewelers. they have a web site. www.palmjewelers.com
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

I also bought mine bracelet at Palm Jewelers. I actually had a problem with the gold wire unraveling the week I got home. I e-mailed Daniel at the store and he sent me out another one and I sent mine back to him. No hassle, great to deal with.
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

Thanks for the responses!

Another question....When they offer a wrist size, is that the actual length of the bracelet?

Thanks!
SarahD
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Sometimes I see them on ebay when I do a search for "Caribbean hook bracelets" just to see what's out there.

nothintolose

p.s. I love the one I got at Freebird - especially the fact that it "locks".