Jost Van Dyke

Travel discussion for St. John
nascarfan59

Jost Van Dyke

Post by nascarfan59 »

We will spending 12 days on St. John and then the last 3 on Jost Van Dyke. First time there (onJVD) and does anyone have any tips?

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Nascarfan59 I am SO jealous, 3 days on JVD!!! :lol: 8) 8)

Not to mention 12 days on STJ. I don't have any tips or info for you but where are you staying on JVD?? We've looked in to doing something similar, 7 on STJ, 4 on JVD.

There are some good BVI forums that offer some great input on Jost. I've read trip reports from other folks that have done the same type of thing. We've spent a little time on Jost and loved it, it makes STJ feel hectic like STT. What a way to end a vacation..............very relaxing!

Happy Planning............and please keep us posted!!!

Jan (akaCharlie)
Toes in the sand: 14 days 8)
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

Jost is great. Have spent many nights there. You'll only be there for 3 days so it might not matter....but IF there is any kind of food you might think you will want, bring it with you. The pickings in the "store" are very slim.

As for things to do--hike to the Bubbly Pool, hang out at Ivan's. Play dominoes with some locals. Relax.
RickG

Post by RickG »

What time of year will you be on Jost? That makes a big difference in your experience. Where are you staying?

STJ is always fun, but JVD is much more intimate. Your experience depends a lot on where you're staying and whether you rent a car (there aren't many cars to rent), a boat or a dingy is even better.

JVD to me is about the people. Make certain you meet Seddy and his family at the One Love Bar, Jewel at Jewel's - Gertrude Olga and Gregory at Gertrudes, and Ivan and Tal at Ivan's on White Bay. The gang at Corsair's are fun. Foxy's is a must. Coconut bread at Christine's Bun & Breakfast. Sydney's Peace & Love on Little Harbor has the best lobster. The two best known places are fun too - Soggy Dollar Bar and Foxy's. KC at the Soggy Dollar Bar is a lot of fun.

Our trip report from a 4 island hopping trip in 2004 is here in the archive and at http://www.garvin.us/STJ/Trip_Reports/2 ... pping.html

I find this forum to be the definitive forum for St. John. For JVD and the BVIs it is traveltalkonline.com.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

We will be on JVD starting 5/16/07 and looking at stating at the Sea Crest Inn. Is this place OK?

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.