DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I'm not sure how you'd do it, exactly, but how about using surfboards for the surface of the bar? They wouldn't hold up under normal circumstances, but maybe they could be encased in resin or plexilass or something. 8)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Do you remember the shirt I sent you it is from a bar here it has fishing and beach picrure under a clear resin also it is called the sardine can they have a moveable wall so they can make it look more crowded the booths and all move
Tom
Poohwear

Post by Poohwear »

We put quartz counter tops in cobalt blue with little silver flecks. Our cabinets are white and the backsplash is irridescent pale blue with white grout. The kitchen window is 9' wide and looks right out over the ocean so the blue looks great. Quartz does not stain at all, a problem I have with my granite here at home. We ordered the quartz from Home Depot here in the States and they delivered it to Home Depot in STT. We had a local guy install it (badly, alas) but that is another story.
Poohwear
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We did concrete about two years ago and I am very pleased. We are hard on the kitchen and it looks great. (We have not followed the recommended maintenance or the don'ts and it still looks brand new)

In addition of the color options, there are many ways to finish it. We have an exposed aggregate look that is very smooth. I think the fabricator ground it down.

He gave us lots of ideas about mixing in different stones (of all colors) as well as inlaying objects.

Hubs chickened out on the embedding of objects so our is pretty sedate but the pictures I saw of other projects were really neat - brass, sea shells, coins, momentos, etc.
Chet

Post by Chet »

Hor-Hey - if you do surfboards then build them with wood. Expensive and specialized, then if the restaurant doesn't make it you have a "speciality" bar that may not appeal to new buyers.

But keep it simple with copper counter tops, rounded oak front edge that's higher than the bar top, and oak bar front. A wall behind the wood bar stools with a 1' wide counter can hold another dozen stools. This provides plenty of seating at the bar (TV and dining, oyster bar?) and separates the bar from the dining area. With this layout you can get more seats in the dining room. Seats = $$

And build the back bar so it's easy to maintain, stock, and clean. And you'll have to consider the movement of the workers in and around the bar, and the space they have to interact with customers. The servce area should be easy to access and a service station set up for the bartender to maintain - the set up of the service end of the bar should make it easy to fill all wait staff orders, while appearing part of the main bar.

Good luck!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I don’t know if it fits your theme or not, but bars like the ones below appeal to me.

And I agree that lots of seating = money.

Personally I wouldn't do grouted tile on an eating surface...dirty grout isn't very appetizing.

lisak428

Post by lisak428 »

Jorge,
This site has photos of a few different options.

http://www.designworkstables.com/installations.html
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Granite countertop, but one with some great color and markings diversity, wood base (mahogony, cherry) and brass accessories. Not all that creative, but elegant, simple and durable. I think it would help to know more about the bar/restaurant ... any type of theme or vibe that she's trying to present. Whatever you go with, it needs to be something that shows off your outstanding craftsmanship. As I recall from the picture of the bed that you posted awhile ago, your creations are truly a work of art. Good luck. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Love this look! Corrugated roofing under resin

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

If you want to come we could do recon on all the bars in the area
Tom
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Sorry to hear that.Just let me know if you need a little time away from the family I could bring some toys over and we could go out and play.
Tom