the weather is here..wish you were!

Travel discussion for St. John
JT

the weather is here..wish you were!

Post by JT »

OK,Folks, Almost a week has already gone by. The weather has been perfect, sunny everyday, with a couple of short showers the other night. This trip has been a bit different than past trips in several ways. We usually try to get down here in April,May or June and this is the 1st time we've come in November. The days are a little shorter, the Coral Bay bars have just gone back to their regular hours, more or less. Someone asked about the road to Lamshure and I hate to say it, but it's now a piece of cake.You could get there in a Honda Civic. Seems they just did more work on it a week ago because a bunch of scientists came from all over for the Veirs Research Center. We have had the bay to ourselves until about 11:00, which is fine because we go early. Even Francis is totally private until about 10:30.
Other ways that are new is I have worked a couple of times with a carpenter/ stone mason friend of mine. More on that when we get back. Skinny's was broken into a couple of nights ago, as was the little art shop back by the horseshoe pits.Seems they had a camera on the moron while he was making himself a sandwich and drinking beer. He tore the doors off the art shop, but didn't take anything. My construction worker friend was last seen chasing the thief down the road with a treebranch, as he is closely related to the art shop. We rehung the doors yesterday. We got together with a bunch of folks last evening to watch Nascar and NFL, eat, drink, etc.
Anyway, we haven't been back to Cruz Bay yet, but I think we'll get over there today to hit Pine Peace and Starfish Market.
This is getting too drawn out. Don't want to bore yawl. There are a bunch of personal observations that I'll try to articulate next week. The weather is here, wish you were beautiful. JT
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Not too long at all! Thanks for keeping us posted on your trip, it sounds like you are having a great time. As I sit here looking out my window at a gray and rainy day, battling a sinus infection, I must admit that I am a bit jealous of you right now.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Bill in Va

Keeping us posted

Post by Bill in Va »

Thanks for keeping the drool factor working. Glad the weather is treating you right. Please say hi to Doug and Claire at Donkey Dinner. We met them back in Va a couple of years ago. Plan on seeing them when we get down on Nov 25 to Dec 9th. Enjoy brother. God bless...Bill
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Ah JT –
You’re killing the folks up north. Seeing that we don’t have that yucky weather like they do up north and HURRICANE season is officially over in 17 Days – I’m with you. Just on different land masses. OK – I have to admit ….. Fla or STJ – Fla or STJ – Fla or STJ ---- Oh crap – it’s STJ hands down. OK, I wasn’t jealous – But I am now. Thanks for checking in with the “Off Island Folks”. Keep in touch – can’t wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"