Trying to get a reference point

Travel discussion for St. John
FlaGeorge

Trying to get a reference point

Post by FlaGeorge »

I’m trying to get a point of reference here. Is La Papaya or Bongo Bongo higher up the hill ? I know the road that goes to Ambience – is that Rock Ridge Road ?
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

George - Here's a photo "lifted," with thanks, from the Bongo Bongo blog. It should give you that point of reference you're looking for :D

mrsb

Post by mrsb »

You can also look at Google earth. As you go up Rock Ridge road there are some villas to the left and then two roads that turn off towards the right before you see La Papaya on the right(one is travelllers trail) The road continues up and to the right. By looking at Google earth and knowing what color the roof is and how many buildings there are you can almost pin point your villa. Coral Bay side is all clouded up though.
Amy
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Thanks CA Girl

That was exactly what I was looking for. Looks like I can throw rotten Papayas down on Jorge when the “Wild Bunch” hits the island in May.

Bongo Bongo owners – don’t worry – I’d hate to mess up that nice-looking pool deck that you worked so hard on.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

BB is off travelers trail
papabou

lapaya

Post by papabou »

flageorge,

you'd have to have fla gator qback arm to hit bb from lapaya but you should have a good view down on her. i stayed at temptress april 05 and she's directly above lapaya on rock ridge, hell even a semihole qback could hit a guy on lapya decks from temptress. only better west views on st john (sunsets, stt lighting up and cruise ships sailing away) are higher up on gifft hill. enjoy the sights and avoid nekkid views down hill.

papabou
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
RickG

Post by RickG »

Hmmm, we'll be on top of Gift Hill in CocoTier come Saturday. I'll have to check to see if we can see La Papaya and Bongo from there. Based on the elevations in the Google Earth perspective view it looks like there might be line of sight. But, those pesky trees and the slight ridge below may obscure the two.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI