Reservations for Restaurants in May?

Travel discussion for St. John
maydreamer

Reservations for Restaurants in May?

Post by maydreamer »

Newbie here...should you always make reservations for dinner on the island in May...Should I have already made them? Any suggestions for a nice place for dinner? :?
bevm

Post by bevm »

I don't think you need a reservation now. But some restaurants ask you to make them and it might be wise to make them when you're on-island. We've never had a problem even with groups of 6-8 people. We like Shipwreck Landing if you're in the Coral Bay area, but all most all of the restaurants are top notch.
hlsess

Post by hlsess »

Zozo's and Asolare are tops and we loved Lime Inn and Cafe Roma- also enjoyed Paradiso- Waterfront Bistro is new and getting great reports- these are all in cruz Bay
larlardb8

Post by larlardb8 »

I would suggest making them a couple days in advance depending on where you are going.
Zozo's is really good. I got the shrimp with risotto. The shrimp were HUGE! Very yummy. The view is really nice as well..

Banana deck had AWESOME quesadillas....

Have fun!
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Reservations are a nice courtesy to do. I have seen chefs checking the reservation book a forehand. I suppose it gives them an idea of how much prepping to do, which would speed up your dinner orders later on!
RL 8)
mathayom

Post by mathayom »

For Cruz Bay, now that the Stone Terrace's closing is imminent, I would suggest Asolare for the best food/view combo. Ask for Terra or Jodie for your server.

For Coral Bay, I like Sweet Plantains. Everything on the menu is well-made, but I always get the short ribs. YUM!
Mat the Caterer, Private Chef and Drummer
maydreamer

Post by maydreamer »

Thanks everyone... :)
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

I would suggest that you make reservations in May when you get here, a few days ahead. May is a big wedding month and there are lots of large groups.
-Ruth