DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Yes, I think it is worth it to stop at Tektite. It is very interesting. The stuff to see is a ways from the mooring ball. As you are looking out at the water, you swim to the left, out and around the point. Singer has detailed directions in his book. There were not as many fish as some other places (though we did find some HUGE permits), but the coral and sponges are colorful and abundant.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

liamsaunt wrote:Yes, I think it is worth it to stop at Tektite. It is very interesting. The stuff to see is a ways from the mooring ball. As you are looking out at the water, you swim to the left, out and around the point. Singer has detailed directions in his book. There were not as many fish as some other places (though we did find some HUGE permits), but the coral and sponges are colorful and abundant.
Liamsaunt - As I was reviewing posts for our trip, I came across your answer. Don't think I ever said thanks, so I'll take care of that now. Thanks! :)

Just curious to see if anyone has something new to add to this thread?
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain