I would think that they pickup everyone
and the luggage at once?? We're renting
from them for the 1st time in a few weeks
so I guess I'll find out then.

Enjoy,
Kathy
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

They pick up everyone in your party and your bags at once then take you to their location. Usually they will pick you up in a different vehicle then you are renting. Once you get there they will put your bags in your rental vehicle while you do the paperwork. Once you get the car there is no need to drive back to the airport. Their location is on the way to Red Hook from the Airport, so you really don't lose much time renting from Dependable versus one at the airport.
Bob & Anita
RickG

Post by RickG »

They pickup everyone in the vehicle that you are renting. Just make certain that you get in the right vehicle. We piled 6 people and luggage in the wrong 4 door wrangler once (including Big Red). It was tight!!!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

RickG wrote:They pickup everyone in the vehicle that you are renting.
RickG, The 3 times we used Dependable they picked us up in a bigger vehicle then what we were renting for more comfortable ride to their location. Sounds like you got sardined.
Bob & Anita
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

The five of us were picked up in the caravan. However, on the return we were running late so we were more than happy to wedge 6 folks into the 4dr Wrangler we had rented for the week for the ride to the airport.
KPlumm

Post by KPlumm »

We just got back. This was our third time renting from Dependable and they have not yet picked us up in our rental jeep. I don't really understand since this last time they picked up four of us in a small car that surprising did manage to stow all our bags and our rental was waiting at their office.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Bob & Anita wrote:
RickG wrote:They pickup everyone in the vehicle that you are renting.
RickG, The 3 times we used Dependable they picked us up in a bigger vehicle then what we were renting for more comfortable ride to their location. Sounds like you got sardined.
We actually commandeered someone else's vehicle when we saw the Dependable sign!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
papabou

Post by papabou »

after 5 times of dealing with "care less" employees at budget, we dumped them in dec for dependable. only 2 of us so no problem with pickup in small car and transfered to jeep at their office. when going home, return to airport after check in was in our rental, easy.

in feb with 4 adults and a grand vitera reserved, they picked us up in our vehicle, loaded bags at airport, to their office for checkin and on our way. return, stopped for checkin inspection and their employee drove our rental to airport. really easy

seems to me that they must pick you up in what's readily available but unless no room for employee driver after return, you and your bags go to airport without change.

to me if car and luggage change on stt for more than 2 people was norm for dependable, i would think budget a little more attractive.

papabou

ps to jorge,
liked your advise on another thread about what to do with a stt rental breaking down on stj, push on barge, off on stt and call company to come get. another hazard of stt rental that might catch us, is missing last barge that gets you to airprot in time on homebound. any ideas?

pb

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:01 am.