Pour, Blend, Pour, Drink

Travel discussion for St. John
VayCay

Pour, Blend, Pour, Drink

Post by VayCay »

Hello Forum,

I'm looking for your favorite blender drink combinations.

Three requirements for me are:

-Ingredients Available on Island

-Cheap

-Delicious
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

STJ - I "get it"
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I like to make Painkillers substituting the one shot of dark rum and one shot of light rum with 1 shot of Cruzan Coconut rum and 1 shot of Cruzan Mango rum. It always gets raves! :D
VayCay

Post by VayCay »

is everythign available on island for those?...we are going carryon...and i'm not giving up my tolitries for 3oz liquor's :)
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Cruzan Rum is one thing you won't have a problem finding :D They will even have samples at the airport :) 8)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Painkillers: Rum, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Coconut Cream & Nutmeg! Ruth at St. John spice has the nutmeg & grater, you can get the rest at any market! :)
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

So far, this is my favorite. I found it on Woody's website.
http://www.woodysseafood.com/st_john_fu ... cktail.htm

Limin' Coconut

1.5 oz Cruzan Dark Rum
1.5 oz Malibu rum
splash Coco Lopez
1/4 lime (rind and all)
ice and blend

I used the lime juice and zest, not the entire rind. It's easy and not too sweet like some fruity drinks can be.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Does anyone know if they sell the frozen margarita (or other flavor) bucket mix on STJ? You mix everything up in the bucket, add a bottle of tequila and freeze over night. They have them here at the grocery and/or ABC stores.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Ksea wrote:Does anyone know if they sell the frozen margarita (or other flavor) bucket mix on STJ? You mix everything up in the bucket, add a bottle of tequila and freeze over night. They have them here at the grocery and/or ABC stores.
I'm pretty sure I saw those at Starfish market...not the gourmet market, the regular store.

One of the easiest cocktails I did this past trip was to buy some cans of fruit nectar--they had goya brand at Starfish. Dump about half the can into the blender, squeeze in a lime, add enough tequila to make it taste good, and blend it up with lots of ice. Easy, cheap, cold, and yummy!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Thanks Liamsaunt. I was looking for some way to tote frozen drinks to the beach. Your blender drink sounds very yummy!
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

RickG

Post by RickG »

liamsaunt wrote:One of the easiest cocktails I did this past trip was to buy some cans of fruit nectar--they had goya brand at Starfish. Dump about half the can into the blender, squeeze in a lime, add enough tequila to make it taste good, and blend it up with lots of ice. Easy, cheap, cold, and yummy!
I love doing pina coladas using these nectars too. Starfish had Libby's brand nectars in the past. I'm glad they have Goya now.

If you can get fresh papaya you can make my favorite blender drink - Papaya colada. Make the coladas per the Coco Lopez can and then add fresh papaya until it turns pink. Yum!!!

I like CA Girls painkiller recipe, must try!!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I came up with one a few years back. Flip Flop and I call it a Tango.

Tang + Orange Rum (erved over ice or blended with ice).

You could also add some cream of coconut to make it taste like a Dreamsicle if u want.

SUPER easy and you get your vitamin C!!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Chet

Post by Chet »

A beaker of white rum, 3 large spoonfulls of Coco Lopez, a liberal splash of orange-pineapple juice, and one whole peeled cut up mango. Blend with ice. Top with fresh ground nutmeg and umbrella.

I call it a Mango Colada. Sinfully delicious.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
StJohnMike

Post by StJohnMike »

Here's a couple good mango drinks I've stumbled upon, maybe the stumbling came AFTER a few of these:

Mango Daiquiri
1/2 cup mango juice or nectar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons triple sec
1 shot light or dark rum
Whip it up in a blender or serve on the rocks.

Or if tequila is your thing, as it's mine:
Mango Margarita
3/4 cup mango juice or nectar
1/4 cup (2 oz.) tequila
1 tablespoon triple sec
Blend with ice or serve on the rocks.
Cheers!