San Francisco Pictures

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

San Francisco Pictures

Post by California Girl »

I spent last weekend in San Francisco with 4 other girls I knew in school. We're all turning 60 this year, so we figured a reunion was in order! One girl I hadn't seen since 8th grade, another I hadn't seen since 10th grade! I was so curious to see if we'd even still like each other, and it turned out to be an absolutely fabulous time!

I have posted my pictures here: http://www.pbase.com/thegripps

Click on the Thumbnail "Celebrating 60 in San Francisco." The gallery titled "Pacifica" contains pictures from the Pacifica/Moss Beach area, south of San Francisco, where my friend, Sandy, lives. The gallery titled "San Francisco" contains pictures from around town in S.F.

I hope you enjoy sharing San Francisco with us!

P.S. You'll notice that all my dyed hair is cut off now and you can see my beautiful gray! :D
Last edited by California Girl on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

LOVE the glass sculptures! And your hair of course ;)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Marg, great pictures as always. I just watched the movie Frida so I would have liked to have seen that exhibit. She was interesting to say the least.

Thanks for sharing!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I like the graaduation picture what some hair
California Girl

waterguy wrote:I like the graaduation picture what some hair
OMG! We went through our yearbooks and none of our group had the REALLY big beehive hairdos. We laughed our butts off at the girls who did!

Mary Beth: The Frida Kahlo exhibit was absolutely incredible. There were many photos of her in real life, as well. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to see her work.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Great pictures Margo. I have always loved Dale Chihuly's sculptures.

And, I love your new hair style. It is tres chic!

Finally, my "duh" moment...I never knew there was a real Rockaway Beach! I only knew it from the Ramones song. Go ahead and say it...duh! :P
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
California Girl

liamsaunt wrote: Finally, my "duh" moment...I never knew there was a real Rockaway Beach! I only knew it from the Ramones song. Go ahead and say it...duh! :P
I'm right in there with your "duh" moment. I always thought there was a Rockaway Beach on the East Coast. I figured this one was just named the same... or maybe after that one. Ok, I'll say it too.... DUH! :lol:
Bug

Post by Bug »

Margo,

Did you girls keep in touch all these years or did one person seek everyone out? I think that is so cool that you all got together and still enjoy each others company!

XOXO
Bug
California Girl

bugblu98 wrote:Margo,

Did you girls keep in touch all these years or did one person seek everyone out?
Sandy & Pam planned it all. I've been in touch with Pam all these years & send Xmas cards to Sandy, but I wasn't in touch with Barbara or Joy. Pam wasn't in touch with Barbara or Joy, either, but good old Sandy kept tabs on all of us! Now we're all back in touch with each other again and we will hopefully do this again at 65... I'm pushing for the next reunion to be on St. John :D
bevm

Post by bevm »

We should all look so FANTASTIC at 60!!! You girls "ROCK"!!!! :D
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

California Girl wrote:
liamsaunt wrote: Finally, my "duh" moment...I never knew there was a real Rockaway Beach! I only knew it from the Ramones song. Go ahead and say it...duh! :P
I'm right in there with your "duh" moment. I always thought there was a Rockaway Beach on the East Coast. I figured this one was just named the same... or maybe after that one. Ok, I'll say it too.... DUH! :lol:
The Ramones hail from right here in Queens, New York, the southern boundry of which is... Rockaway Beach. So I'm pretty sure that's the reference in the song. Its an interesting plcae, part Housing Projects part old Victorians. If you've taken the southern approach to JFK you've flown right over it.

PS. The pics... as always...were fabulous. I love reunion stories. Im woeking on getting a HS group togther this summer.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

What a great weekend it must have been. I love the Stinking Rose!!

Awesome pictures.
janet
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Looks like a great time and yes you all look great at 60!
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

CaliGirl---You've got a good eye for photography---some nice shots. I liked some of your City Lights Bookstore photos. Looks like a fun weekend.
---Jim
California Girl

Thanks everyone for your kind words about my photography skills and our appearance at 60. (I don't offically turn 60 till Nov. though - I'm the "baby" of the group - LOL!) :D