Vies Snack Shack Cabins

Travel discussion for St. John
Betty

Vies Snack Shack Cabins

Post by Betty »

My sister went to STJ 16 years ago and stayed at Vie's cabin's for $35/night, had a time she'll never forget, incredibly beautiful, private. Vie had 2 small cabins on the cove. Are they still there? Has anyone else stayed there? What are the rates today?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

I'm not sure if there is more than one now, but it is REALLY primitive. I've not stayed there but peeked inside. A mattress on the floor and some rickety screens on the window. But once in a while we have seen a young couple staying there for cheap and they've seemed happy. There's some kind of outhouse arrangement behind the cabin.
JT

Post by JT »

When I was there in November she found out that I was working construction/handyman and wanted to know if I would, or knew anybody that would, be willing to work on her "cabin". Primitive is putting it pretty accurately. The roof is leaking along with a few other problems. I think it would be OK for a young person who wants to do STJ on the cheap. If one would do the work, Vie would buy the materials and let them stay in it while fixing it up.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey Jorge! It sounds like the perfect setup for you!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:24 pm.