6 lbs of peanut butter and....

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

6 lbs of peanut butter and....

Post by Coden »

3 lbs of creamy and 3 lbs of crunchy, and 2.5 lbs of raisins, did not make the cut and are not vacationing on STJ. We are sorry to have to leave them home, but it is for their best interest! Ha-ha!! :P

I am going to miss them though, as they are staples in our family, but I refuse to have more than one checked bag of food and toiletries. :lol:
Coden
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

6 POUNDS OF PEANUT BUTTER? Wow! I was gonna' take 1 jar for a week and I thought I was a PB junkie!

I was going to take "my" brand - natural with no additives. You know, I might just call Starfish to see if they carry that brand and how much it is. I can't believe St. John would be so remote as to not carry it, really.
:?
Coden

Post by Coden »

CaGirl - I was taking so much peanut butter because there are 4 of us I figured we'd save a buck!! :)

We normally only eat the Natural ones too, aren't they just the best! But I bought big Jiffy and Peter Pan for the trip. What a dork I am! :lol:
Coden
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Coden, I'm getting excited for you!! You are into "crunch" time.

This last trip was the first time I took non perishables and it will be the last. I found that Starfish & Love City were not that much more. and man does all that type of food add up (poundage wise).

That said there are still certain things that have to go, like Mike's favorite crackers, spices, and a few others.

Jan (akaCharlie)

P.S. What kind of peanut butter do you use??? I'll have to look into the "natural" stuff.
promoguy

So You Like PB

Post by promoguy »

http://www.pbloco.com/adult_pb.asp

Some of the best peanut butter you will ever taste. Fortunately, I have it in a cheese shop right around the corner.

Love it on toasted chibatta.
Coden

Post by Coden »

promoguy - now that is some peanut butter. I had no idea there were so many flavors. Thanks for the link. The choc raspberry one sounds yummy!!

Jan - We are now down to essentials like my homemade granola, organic cereal, stuff like that. Plus I have two dry ingredient bags made up of eggless things we want. One is a whole wheat pancake mix for X-mas morning and a choc. cake mix to make a cake and brownies. Both are eggless recipes since our son does not eat eggs.

Really, what is weighing so much, are the toiletries. We have suntan lotion for four, and for each bathroom we have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothpaste. We have bug screen, bug coils, bug spray. Oh, and a Neat Sheet that a friend gave me. :)

Natural Peanut Butter - we either buy it at the health food store or at Krogers in the health food aisle. No sugars are addeds. Just peanuts and salt. The natural oil from the peanuts separate so when I bring a jar home I pour off a bit of the oil and then put the rest of the oil and the peanut butter in a bowl and stir it up. Then I keep it in the fridge so it doesn't separate again. I don't have a brand name to give you since I always recycle the jar after removing the peanut butter from it. But any s/b good, as long as there are no added ingredients, like sugar.
Coden
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

thought you were making peanut butter balls (like me) today with 6 lbs of PB. Woosh! that's a lotta PB!
Coden

Post by Coden »

mary beth - if you run out of PB call me, I'll send you mine. I have plenty now. :lol:

CaGirl - when I get back I'll let you know if we found any Natural PB while on STJ. We will have to buy some of regular or natural, either kind, regardless. :)
Coden
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Coden

Post by Coden »

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! I loved your story and Only by the Grace of God did I not get to that point myself!!! :lol: I can see me doing that though, and man, $500 is a junk of change!!

Congrats on losing 25 pounds, it takes determination to stick with it to do that!

Thanks for the good wishes for a trip of a lifetime. We are pretty excited at this point. I wish you all the same too. Vacations are a good thing!! :)

Toodles!!
Coden
California Girl

Re: So You Like PB

Post by California Girl »

promoguy wrote:http://www.pbloco.com/adult_pb.asp

Some of the best peanut butter you will ever taste.
I joined The Biggest Losers Club online yesterday and today you give me a link to a website that is pure nirvana! Gee, thanks promoguy! I'll never get skinny for St. John now and it'll be all your fault! :lol: :roll:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:54 pm.