St. John Visitors, unsophisticated ?

Travel discussion for St. John
bobcside

St. John Visitors, unsophisticated ?

Post by bobcside »

At least that's what kzdallas now thinks.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1 ... lands.html.

But we all know better don't we. Oh by the way just what is a sophisticated visitor? I sure hope I don't fit into that catagory. No, I know I don't.. Glad that's resolved..
BOB
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

now I know why I love it there :)
Noreen

Post by Noreen »

Coincidentally, I am just about to go out for beer (and possibly brats) with a friend who is taking her first trip to St. John next year. Said friend is also delightfully unsophisticated (I read sophisticated in this case as "nose firmly pointed in air"), and she's probably going to love the photos of feet, donkeys, me standing outside of Vie's beach sign, etc.
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Jeez I think KZ needs to get laid and smoke a little weed MY GAWD CHILL OUT :lol: He/She would have flamed me for sure on my trip report. Now that wasn't very sophisticated was it? But my forum buddies allready know that about me. KZ wouldn't fit in too well on our happy little forum.
cass

Post by cass »

Okay so I have to rag on KZ a little bit again! I love how she/he proclaimed him/herself as a professional writer, but then makes the all important high school freshman teachings reference to back his/her knowledge on how something should be written. Hmmm..I think this person is bored and having some fun (maybe)?

Well my frozen pizza is done, and I must go fill my coffee mug with beer again, (no reason to dirty up another glass) the ball game is about to start. (oops, that's kind of unsophisticated!)
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I know I shouldn't, but I had to respond to her again. I'm rather unsophisticated in that way.

"You were probably taught...that you should not bully people -- not about their choices of speach or their right to speak. If you are as sophisticated as you say you are (we have no independent verification of this), you would not be speaking down to other writers. You would be trying to lift them up."

I also indirectly invided them to come see us.

"For those of you who enjoy writing but feel belittled here, keep writing. If you don't feel comfortable posting here, there are other places for you. No, you will not be flamed on some other forums regardless of what you write. Apparently we are not sophisicated enough to recognize "bad" writing."

She said that she signed off, but I suspect that she can't resist reading that thread.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I am not only a professional writer, but I went to one of the top-five journalism schools in this country. I have been to Europe; I speak a foreign language. So, once a year I drink rum punch out of a half-gallon jug and then come back and tell you all about it and post pictures of myself passed out on the beach.

I still like to think I'm sophisticated. And sophisticated or not, nobody likes an a@#hole, which apparently that delightful gal didn't learn in all of her many studies.
cass

Post by cass »

LuLu - you hit the nail on the head. My professional life is ALL ABOUT proper etiquette, sophistication, and genteel mannerism. That is the hat I wear at work and any other time a social situation calls for decency. When I'm on vacation, no matter if it's STJ or wherever, I can say ain't, drink beer from a can, or sing along to a song (way too loud), and not worry about propriety (as long as it's not personally offensive to someone)!

I've never seen anyone on this forum reply to a Trip Report by saying things like - "that was no fun at all" or "please, I'm begging you, no more!" - and that's basically what KZ is telling everyone it seems! Now that's unsophisticated!

Sorry this got so long, but WOW, what nerve!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

The topic appears to have become too much for them. It was deleted by their administrator.

JIM

NIKKI

Post by NIKKI »

You guys are the reason I love this forum
Pia

Post by Pia »

I know :) I am unsophisticated :) as I use :) waaay too many :) smiley faces :) whenever I :) post :) anything :)

Pia
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

But Pia it just matches the smile on your face.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Waterguy you are tooooo cute :) but it's only when on STJ and definately not my "judging" face :) :) :)

Pia

Oh, and what did you decide with your trip - coming or not - I've been gone for 2 weeks so missed alot :(

Pia
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

You people are so unsophisticated!!!!! :wink: You should stop posting. In fact, you should not be allowed to write a grocery list. :shock: If this was any other forum, the keyboard police would have shut you down a long time ago. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JIM

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED