Local Man Killed on St Thomas

Travel discussion for St. John
verjoy

Local Man Killed on St Thomas

Post by verjoy »

We hope to find out more about this. Do not know the family though. Scroll down past the saddle maker story.

http://home.centurytel.net/westplainsdailyquill/
Last edited by verjoy on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

The link doesn't work. :(
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

Sorry. I think it works now. :oops:
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Works now! Bizarre story! Keep us posted!
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Sounds like the ATF agent intervened in a domestic dispute between the victim Sukow and his girlfriend. I'd theorize Sukow then must have somehow gone after, or threatened the ATF agent who drew his weapon and shot Sukow.
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

tjwgrr wrote:Sounds like the ATF agent intervened in a domestic dispute between the victim Sukow and his girlfriend. I'd theorize Sukow then must have somehow gone after, or threatened the ATF agent who drew his weapon and shot Sukow.
That's exactly what we've heard here. Nothing has been confirmed, though.
Deb
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

I agree with tjw. Most police officers I've worked with have said that some of the most dangerous calls to go out on are domestic violence and a couple of years ago one of my friends had to use his weapon to defend himself against the abuser. Sad story. Will be anxious to see more details if they come up.

Thanks for posting!
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I have a friend who is an ATF agent, and those guys are always on duty. Sounds like he went to investigate a domestic disturbance, and it got out of hand.

It's unfortunate for everyone involved.
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Story I've heard is not a good one. There were 5 shots. Apparently the ATF officer was sweet on the same girl. I heard he was huge and the guy he shot rather small. Nothing else as yet other than he is in Federal custody until the local police finish their investigation.
RL 8)
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

The original link no longer displays the story.

Here is a link from The VI Daily News:

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/i ... d=17628417
How many more days?
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

Thanks for the info Ron. I haven't seen anything saying Sukow was armed. If all five shots were fired by the ATF agent, it seems like overkill to me. Very sad.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

This whole situation gets more disturbing. If anyone hears anything, please keep us posted here. I really want to see what happens with this one. So senseless...
VI RESIDENT

latest FACTS

Post by VI RESIDENT »

Once again the rumor mill is churning. The facts are that the couple has had multiple visits from the PD to break up "domestics" and the agent in question was attacked by Sukow after trying to help Sukow's girlfriend from the scene. 5 shots fired may seem overkill to non-law enforcement personnel, but police officers, federal agents etc are all trained to keep firing until the threat is removed. Not like a tv show where the assailant gets shot in the arm and gives up. Word has it that Sukow may have been under the influence of alcohol or narcotics at the time. Toxicology results will show either.
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

The dumb arse wife beater brought a sledge hammer to a gun fight. Note to self don't get in a knock down with the wife, again then charge the ATF agent next door with a sledge hammer. The outcome won't be good.

For those of you that don't know me, I feel for everyone involved and there are no winners in this one
Jay

PS I have the sledge hammer thing ok very goog authority.
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

Thank you for the info, VI Resident and CaptainJay.

The threat removal policy has been in effect a long time. One of my best friends father was shot to death by St.Louis police in his own home. He was a one armed man swinging a bed slat.