Which Webcam

Travel discussion for St. John
Mark

Which Webcam

Post by Mark »

I use to always have the Webcam at the Ferry Dock on my computer all day but now I have gravitated to the Villa Serendipity Webcam. The resolution is much sharper and the overall view is better. Have you changed if so from which one to what one?
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

I just looked at the Coral Bay webcom - what a beautiful sunrise! I never see the sunsets when on STJ because we stay in Coral Bay, on my to-do list for Feb 2009!
Deb
elisa_nj

Post by elisa_nj »

I love watching the hummingbirds! (choc hole is my second fav.)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I'm sure this has been covered before but where is that sugar cam located?
drusilla

Re: Which Webcam

Post by drusilla »

Mark wrote:I use to always have the Webcam at the Ferry Dock on my computer all day but now I have gravitated to the Villa Serendipity Webcam. The resolution is much sharper and the overall view is better. Have you changed if so from which one to what one?
I am addicted to the Villa Serendipity webcam. The quality is good enough for me to pull shots from it for my iMac desktop and I now have a huge screen saver in iPhoto of views from that cam, all kinds of weather. My hat is off to whoever is responsible. (Thanks for the links to the other cams too).
Take care, Drusilla
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Isn't the Sugar-Cam on Sugar Beach, STX?
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Margy Z, I believe you're correct.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I look at both the Chocolate Hole web cam and the Ferry Dock one. The fun thing right now is counting the days until someone comes and deals with their beached boat that shows on the Chocolate Hole web cam. Actually, I believe there are two of them. It's been what, a couple of weeks?
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

OK, I'm revising my webcams. I'm replacing this :arrow: http://www.earthcam.com/usa/virginislands/stjohn/#
with this :arrow: http://www.gotostjohn.com/live/index.htm

The first link has the most annoying ads/music imaginable. As my TAD says, "It makes me want to poke out my eyeballs."

Edited to correct link. Thanks, CAG.
Last edited by pjayer on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Uh, pj, uh... that page went to the beach. Got another link?
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

California Girl wrote:Uh, pj, uh... that page went to the beach. Got another link?
I put a period at the end of the second link which must have caused it to go to the home page. I think it's fixed now. It's the same webcam, but the second link bypasses the ads. Is it ok to post this link? I didn't even think about it being an illegal url.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I'm sure that link is no problem. That's the cam on the St. John Spice bldg.! That's our "sandscript" camera! :D
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Silly me. I thought both links were to the STJ Spice webcam. I just know I'm never staying at a Holiday Inn again. Poke! Poke!