Who's from Chicago?

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Who's from Chicago?

Post by California Girl »

I'll be in Chicago next week and will have some free time on Tuesday & Wed. evenings. Would any of you Chicago area forumites like to get together for a drink? Would love to meet ya! :D
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

gosh, you coming to NJ any time soon?
California Girl

I wish! This is a work trip... going to a tradeshow. My boss has other plans for the evenings which leaves me free!!!! Yay!!!! I don't mind just holeing up in my hotel room with my laptop and surfing the forum, but it surely would be a great opportunity to meet some fellow forumites! :D (no serial killers need apply! - LOL!)
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

Originally, but now in FL.....sure miss the city.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Thanks Steve! I printed it out. Their prices seem pretty reasonable, and oh how I LOVE Mexican food! :D
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Oops! Sorry John! Where did I get the idea your name was Steve? Doh!! I think I've called you Steve several other times before, too! Thanks for correcting me. :oops:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Jorge wrote:It's a blonde thing.[/b]
If you're talking about me, it would have to be a gray thing! LOL! :lol:
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Well, if there are no takers in the Chicago area, come on up! Madison is only a few short hours away and we'd love to meet you! I'd come down if it weren't for those pesky kids...... :wink:
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

CaliforniaGirl - I wish you were coming back here!!! I would love to hang out with you again next week!
California Girl

Thanks Tracy! I won't be able to get out of downtown, unfortunately! Do kennels board kids?? :? :lol:

Elizabeth, believe me, you KNOW I'd rather be in New Orleans drinking Hurricanes than tramping thru a tradeshow in Chicago. And I love tradeshows, so you must know how much I love N.O.! :lol:
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Pete and I grew up on the mean streets of the North Shore of Chicago (Glencoe and Winnetka) but, we spent a lot of time downtown and still go down there to enjoy the city. We live in Wisconsin now, just outside of Madison.

If not for our four rugrats and a new puppy, we might have considered a road trip.

The last time we were there was about 6 months ago, to see Buddy Guy play at his club. We had a FANTASTIC meal at a little place on Rush Street that offered TO DIE FOR lobster bisque and fresh oysters on the half shell. It had an Irish name which I cannot recall but, if you can get there, do. Just sit at the bar and enjoy.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

The name of the place is Gibsons, 1028 N. Rush St. (at the corner of Rush and Bellevue Plaza) They have a formal dining room and, as I mentioned, a nice bar area where you can eat. We had a little table, in the bar area, by the window (great people watching) and dined there. Absolutely fantastic and great if you are dining solo. You'll feel very comfortable there.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.