Cape Cod

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Connie

Cape Cod

Post by Connie »

I was away over the weekend. Visiting friends in Cape Cod.

I have to say that if anybody is thinking of visiting the Cape, that you should definetly go.

It was gorgeous. So cute, so clean.

We were stationed in Harwich, which is near Chatham, but rode up to Providence for the day.

Had some lunch on the beach, shopped at some great stores and I just got that really relaxed feeling.

I'm definetly a hot weather, beach type person, but I think I found another place that I really love.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Connie

Post by Connie »

Sorry Salty...you're right. We flew into Providence RI, stayed in Harwich, then drove to Provincetown on Sunday...very very nice.
Chet

Post by Chet »

Spent my early years in Little Compton and Sakonnet Point, RI. That's where I learned a deep appreciation for the water. The Cape is also beautiful and should be on a short list of places to visit.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Connie

Post by Connie »

Salty, it could be on centerline...i was really surprised at how big that town is.

Found a great store though...called Cuffy's. Great sweat shirts and t shirts and it was there 70% off everything in the store!!! Did some Christmas shopping, so I feel good about that.
Connie

Post by Connie »

By the way Salty...no...no pictures....i forgot my camera :(
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
KatieH

Post by KatieH »

Chet wrote:Spent my early years in Little Compton and Sakonnet Point, RI. That's where I learned a deep appreciation for the water. The Cape is also beautiful and should be on a short list of places to visit.
Hi Chet - South Shore Beach in Little Compton, is a favorite of ours! My husband grew up on the Sakonnet River, but I'm a South County Girl at heart. We also love Chatham and the Outer Cape. Thanks for the reminder that though they're not St John, we still live near some beautiful places......
Lex

Post by Lex »

We usually get to the Cape once or twice a year. Usually we stay in Orleans.

Here's some pics of Commercial Street in P-town from last month. A little world unto itself out on the tip of the Cape:

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Connie

Post by Connie »

Salty, the lobster pot is still there, doing well. I don't know about the Post Office though.

There are soooo many stores and restaurants on that street. It's hard to take it all in with just being there one day.

Next year we'll stay there for at least 3 days so that we don't feel rushed.
Kathyzhere

Re: Cape Cod

Post by Kathyzhere »

Connie wrote:I was away over the weekend. Visiting friends in Cape Cod.

I have to say that if anybody is thinking of visiting the Cape, that you should definetly go.

It was gorgeous. So cute, so clean.

We were stationed in Harwich, which is near Chatham, but rode up to Providence for the day.

Had some lunch on the beach, shopped at some great stores and I just got that really relaxed feeling.

I'm definetly a hot weather, beach type person, but I think I found another place that I really love.
Hey Connie,

Yep, the Cape is a great place to visit! It was my home for 42 years!
I still have LOTS of family there as well as friends that I miss lots :cry:
My son and dtr-in-law live in Chatham which is a very cute village... "a drinking village with a fishing problem!" :wink:
P-town is a real FUN town and you picked a great time of year to visit. A lil' quieter and fantastic shopping. I had a coupla girlfriends that went to P-town every Summer to waitress so I would go down on weekends (all the way from Dennis) have quite a few tales from those days :o
Glad you found "another place to love"!!

The entire lower Cape is like "old Cape Cod" and Woods Hole and the islands are great too.

Take care.

Now I'm homesick...again. Ya know people ask me ALL the time why would I ever leave there for here (sw fla) I needed a change and wanted more sunshine, that's all.
Oh and Salty; When I was up there last year the post office cabaret was still there...great impersonator shows, huh?!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Hi Connie! We keep our camper on a seasonal site in Sandwich, so we are on the Cape most weekends between April and October. This past weekend we were in Wellfleet for lunch and visited Harwich and Chatham. Wasn't the weather absolutely gorgeous? Fall on the Cape is beautiful! Must enjoy the last few weekends as the season is coming to an end...
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED