DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Jorge wrote:
mahojim wrote:Forgot to ask-
How'd the colon exam go? :shock:
MJ

She is perfect. Doesn't need to return for 10 years they say. Me? I'm next and I'm a wreck. Thanks for asking. Later, Jorge
Hey there Jorge, Glad to hear your wife's scope went well...now for you; the prep is the most challenging part of the entire process. The procedure will last about 20 minutes and hopefully you're having anesthesia and will just take a lil' nappie :wink:

I work at an Endoscopy Center and we do 20-40 EGD & Colonsocopies a day, so I pretty much deal with the anxiety of patients M-F.

Oh and I have to share what this sweet lil' ol lady said to me while she was reading about the procedure and what happens. She gets to the part that explains that a tubular, flexible scope will be inserted into her colon 4-6 feet and she just gasped and exclaimed, " oh my, I'm only 4'11" " It was priceless :lol:

Good Luck big boy :P

Kathy
Last edited by Kathyzhere on Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cid

Post by Cid »

When I had it done, I told them I had a high tolerance for anesthesia. They conked me right out...never felt a thing.

Apparently, I was quite entertaining in the recovery room....but I don't really remember. My wife works at the hospital and she still hears the stories. I do know it didn't involve a coconut bra....
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

My wife drank her jug in less than 2 hours, I needed 4. Jorge remember The beer will taste better the next day :lol: :lol:
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Glad to hear it, Jorge. When I had mine done a few years back,the gas man asked me if I like the beach. "Of course", I replied. He said,"Well just dream about being on a nude one, and you're the only one there."
Went under and it was over without a hitch.
In that dream,though,I WAS the only one on a nude beach; with a camera up my butt!
LOL! :lol:
Don't sweat it!
Smiles-
Jimmy
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Kathyzhere wrote: She gets to the part that explains that a tubular, flexible scope will be inserted into her colon 4-6 feet and she just gasped and exclaimed, " oh my, I'm only 4'11" " It was priceless :lol:

Good Luck big boy :P

Kathy
OMG! I'm dyin' here!! :lol: :lol:
brenda

Post by brenda »

Jorge, don't worry about a thing. You will get very good drugs :wink: . Sometimes people, after waking up in the recovery room, are convinced that they did not have the procedure done. I have to show them the pictures of their colon to get them to believe me :roll: . Drink lots of fluids. The dehydration of the prep can make you feel like "crap" :lol: . Good luck!
Going "home" again October 26th!
Bill in Va

Colon cam on utube

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo Va Brother...Glad your sweetie is ok. I have made a deal with the hospital to have Capt John Brandi do a video of the procedure. You will be famous..or better yet your area will be famous! I did mine last year. As you have heard the prep is the worst part. DO IT WINER! Looking forward to the good report from you..We have to get together some time dude. RickG and I are about 45 minutes apart as well as a bunch of other forumites...God bless....Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
DELETED

Re: Colon cam on utube

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Bill in Va

Da vizit

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo...PM me with the details of the visit. This could be an annual event...God bless..Bill

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:26 am.
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...