Palin...are you freakin' kidding?!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Maryanne wrote:Here you will find many female voices articulating why they are not for Sarah Palin:

http://womenagainstsarahpalin.blogspot.com/
Thanks Maryanne for the link to that very interesting site.

Earlier I decided I would not bring up Palin's campaign against wolves,
but it's on there and all you animal lovers/activists should check it out.

Kathy
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

SJfromNJ wrote:
Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:
Terry wrote:Folks,
I'm embarassed as a woman that women would back Palin.
End of topic. :oops:
I think the more difficult explaination to your kids would be Obama's elitist comment about rural voters "clinging to their guns and religion." Please read the 1st and 2nd amendment to the constitution before answering.

"There is a place in hell reserved for women who don't support other women" - Madleine Albright, Sec. of State under Bill Clinton

SJ,
That quote by Madeline Albright is interesting but means nothing! I fully support LOTS of women but JUST because they're a woman does NOT mean that I back them up no matter what. C'mon, give us something that is real here.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

aroobagirl wrote:SJ - Can't follow your Hezbollah train of logic. Sorry.
You guys can't follow any logic...It is why I have entered post after post with factual data, and none of you have responded to any of my posts (which is fine, BTW).

Other than of course, to say that I am "narrow-minded".
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Aww c'mon soxfan, the narrow mindedness comment
was in response to your generalization comment: that Liberals want God removed from the Pledge in schools.

I for one, who leans to the Liberal side, do not wish that.

That's all I meant.

Kathy
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote: On the days leading up to the debate, you accused the moderator of being biased in favor of Obama.
Yeah, because it's crazy to think that a member of the media would be in the tank for Barry.

She wrote a book about "Politics and Race in the Age of Obama".

That book is slated to be released on Inauguration Day. I'm sure that's purely coincidental.

If he is elected, she is an instant millionaire.

If he is not, well to borrow a line from Charles Krauthamer, she has just published Dewey Beats Truman in book form.

I'm probably just narrow minded though. :roll:
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Maryanne wrote:Here you will find many female voices articulating why they are not for Sarah Palin:

http://womenagainstsarahpalin.blogspot.com/
Wat's your point?

Here you will find many female voices in support of Sarah Palin:

http://womenforsarahpalin.typepad.com/

Don't actually read it though, you might send the "women's movement" back 40 years.

It's a joke. A woman has a chance to ascend to the 2nd highest poisition in the land, but because she does not agree with your personal ideology, you condemn her.

Women's movement my ass.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Kathyzhere wrote:Aww c'mon soxfan, the narrow mindedness comment
was in response to your generalization comment: that Liberals want God removed from the Pledge in schools.

I for one, who leans to the Liberal side, do not wish that.

That's all I meant.

Kathy
Okay, if it isn't liberals pushing this adgenda, then who is it?

If it isn't liberals pushing seperation of church and state, then who is it?
cass

Post by cass »

soxfan22 wrote:It's a joke. A woman has a chance to ascend to the 2nd highest poisition in the land, but because she does not agree with your personal ideology, you condemn her.

Women's movement my ass.
This one kind of baffled my mind. It seems from your quote up there, that a woman should support another woman no matter what. If she doesn't, she's setting the woman's movement back? Correct me if I'm wrong, Honestly. I think everyones take on this whole mess is very interesting.
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

cypressgirl wrote:Hey Pete, Hillary is out because her party turned on her. You can't blame that on the GOP.

I have 2 daughters. Explain again why I'm suppose to be ashamed????
Because the republicans obviously picked Palin solely because she is a woman. It's pretty clear that she was not selected based on her intellect or qualifications. I think that sends a bad message to our daughters.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
cass

Post by cass »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:
cypressgirl wrote:Hey Pete, Hillary is out because her party turned on her. You can't blame that on the GOP.

I have 2 daughters. Explain again why I'm suppose to be ashamed????
Because the republicans obviously picked Palin solely because she is a woman. It's pretty clear that she was not selected based on her intellect or qualifications. I think that sends a bad message to our daughters.
Pete - I feel for anyone that has young impressionable daughters right now. I agree, this would be hard to explain. I feel that the Republican Party has put Palin in an awful situation here. Her confidence far exceeds her ability. Clearly she has "book smarts", just no "street smarts". I'm sure the idea of VP sounded very grand at first. I don't agree with using her the way they are, but she should have known better as well.

Good luck to all of you with children. This is a tough situation indeed.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

cass wrote: This one kind of baffled my mind. It seems from your quote up there, that a woman should support another woman no matter what. If she doesn't, she's setting the woman's movement back? Correct me if I'm wrong, Honestly. I think everyones take on this whole mess is very interesting.
No, that was a tongue in cheek references to the Sally Quinn's of the world who have actually said that Sarah Palin cannot do this job because "she has a daughter at home who needs her". And that "The job is too difficult for a woman with five kids".

Read here http://www.hybridmom.com/blog/?p=253

Isn't she actually the poster child for the women's movement?

Isn't she a woman who works and has a family?

Isn't she a woman who is paid the same as her male contemporaries?

Oh, but she doesn't support abortion, so no, she can NOT be supported by "Feminists" like sally quinn.

What a disgrace.

Again, just like in the 80's when the NAACP didn't support the nomination of Clarence Thomas. Because he is a conservative judge who did not in any way benefit from Affirmative Action.

None of you liberals have yet to answer for that.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

soxfan22 wrote:
cass wrote: This one kind of baffled my mind. It seems from your quote up there, that a woman should support another woman no matter what. If she doesn't, she's setting the woman's movement back? Correct me if I'm wrong, Honestly. I think everyones take on this whole mess is very interesting.
No, that was a tongue in cheek references to the Sally Quinn's of the world who have actually said that Sarah Palin cannot do this job because "she has a daughter at home who needs her". And that "The job is too difficult for a woman with five kids".

Read here http://www.hybridmom.com/blog/?p=253

Isn't she actually the poster child for the women's movement?

Isn't she a woman who works and has a family?

Isn't she a woman who is paid the same as her male contemporaries?

Oh, but she doesn't support abortion, son no, she can NOT be supported by "Feminists" like sally quinn.

What a disgrace.

Again, just like in the 80's when the NAACP didn't support the nomination of Clarence Thomas. Because he is a conservative judge who did not in any way benefit from Affirmative Action.

None of you liberals have yet to answer for that.
Those who opposed Clarence Thomas' nomination did so because he was so obviously unqualified...still is. There's your answer. It's a pretty simple one.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Lex

Post by Lex »

The Peter Principle explains this. She's been successful, so was promoted in the hierarchy to a level beyond her competence and will remain there (as candidate, not actually as the VP).
cass

Post by cass »

soxfan22 wrote:Isn't she actually the poster child for the women's movement?
She certainly is an accomplished woman, I don't think anyone can argue with that,(or has argued with that). -cass
soxfan22 wrote:Isn't she a woman who works and has a family?
A lot of woman do that. It's commendable, but not exactly the cornerstone of the women's movement any longer. - cass
soxfan22 wrote:Isn't she a woman who is paid the same as her male contemporaries?
Bravo for her. Equal pay for equal work. And I'm sure it is quite a bit more than what her "joe sixpack" friends (that she no doubt shotguns beers with on a Friday night) bring home to their families. -cass