Palin...are you freakin' kidding?!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cass

Post by cass »

Here is the interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjoMxjjz ... re=related

it's broken down into parts, you can find the rest of them over to the right.
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
aroobagirl

Post by aroobagirl »

I believe fact checker found Biden to be more credible the day after the debate and, he actually addressed the questions! As for why the VP debate was viewed by so many, most concur they were watching for a Palin train wreck. In all fairness. she did not implode. However, she did not really debate did she? Additionally her characterization of the middle class as "joe six-pack" and "hockey moms" (who she compares to pitbulls wearing lipstick) is just plain insulting. Finally, the wink - just demeaning to professional women everywhere. Can you imagine if Hillary had tried that? Do yu really think she is a good representative of working women in this country?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
aroobagirl

Post by aroobagirl »

SJ - Why bother to debate? I believe refusing to answer the questions is just standing on a soap box and spouting rhetoric. The forum wa a debate which she agreed to take part in and she should have been held to answering the questions! The RNC was her opportunity say what she wanted without dealing with those pesky questions.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aroobagirl

Post by aroobagirl »

SJ - Can't follow your Hezbollah train of logic. Sorry.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

I am the same age as Joe, and I am disappointed that he went with the Klingon look for the debate. It was obvious that he had botox in his forehead and cosmetic tape on his temples to eliminate crowsfeet.

If he gets elected I hope he doesn't use that look when meeting foreign dignitaries, he looked spooky and ridiculous. :P
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

SJfromNJ wrote:i watched those videos. She seemed eager and enthuiastic to want to try to help. I like that aggressive attitude.

As for the debate, she stood there toe to toe with a 30+ year Senator and told him she wasn't going to answer the questions the way he or the moderator wanted, again aggressive. Sarah Baracuda is showing she can stand up on her own.

By the way Obama has pulled out of four states so far, McCain, one.

SJ,

I believe the reason Palin said she wasn't going to answer the questions is due to the apparent fact that she did not really have any answers. Sounded like she was giving the "heads up" that I'm not answering any definitive questions here. The poor girl was so scripted and in record time. She was mostly silent after Biden made points because she didn't have the answers to debate with.

I feel she is just a political pawn in this and I do feel sorry for her. Yes she did stand steady and I will give her that, but her child like expressions and vocabulary are an embarrassment.

Earlier it was mentioned that Mccain's judgement was in question due to his choice of runnung mate and I have to agree wholeheartedly on that. I have to say that I think Mccain sealed his fate by this choice.

Anyway, good Luck to us all and may God bless this mess.

Kathy
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

She refused to answer the questions because she could not answer the questions. When faced with a question that caused her to be outside of her comfort zone, she reverted to her comfort zone. I thought that was pretty clear.

Take the question on bankruptcy, for example. She completely ignored the question and spoke about energy.

You republicans are smart, I'll give you that. On the days leading up to the debate, you accused the moderator of being biased in favor of Obama. So, when it came time for the debate, it seemed pretty clear that the moderator was timid when it came to holding Palin to task in answering the questions.

I've been saying it for years...the Dems need to learn to play dirty like the republicans. We're too soft that way. You guys steal Florida. So, next time around, we watch Florida, then you steal Ohio. Shame on us.

That's why Clinton was so great and so hated by the republicans...he beat them at their own game. He knew how to fight. Most Dems seem to shy from the fight and look for the group hug. That frustrates me about my party.

I voted for Hillary in the primary because I felt that she had the ability to fight. I am not an Obama fan. In fact, I was considering not voting at all. But, then, along came Sarah. She motivated me to vote against the republican ticket...for the simple reason that she is so pathetic.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Just want to say that I agree with Pete's last paragraph. Hill was my 1st choice hands down!! I thought that Obama would've asked her to be his running mate.
Then who would have Mccain chose??? He is clearly going for the undecided Hill votes. No way, she is not a strong female leader in any way shape or form.
Attractive, yes. Nice, yes. Leader, no!! Well maybe of her "own team"!

Good night.
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Okay SJ,
Yes, perhaps Biden had a blunder or two with his time line or names. Haven't we all? Did you pick up on Palin calling him Joe Obiden...it was comical, but she had just said Barack Obama before that and it just came out that way. I do NOT judge people when they stumble a bit with words. Or even when they misspell :wink: :wink:

Enjoy the evening :lol:

Kathy