Palin...are you freakin' kidding?!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

SJfromNJ wrote:Pete - Gore vs. Bush or was it Bush vs. Gore? We all know this is not a populatity contest correct?

Like I have been trying to say this country is run by the courts and lawyers, the executive branch gets to choose and is the weakest branch of government.

Watch out, McCain is creeping up in WI now. NJ will always be blue so I choose in these type of election to go off the board and choose someone completely different. I really liked Huckabee.

PS - Your not a Cub too are ya?
I actually think that this country is run by large corporations, not the courts and lawyers. Although the Supreme Court did hand the 2000 election to Bush, and in the process ignored clear precedent.

McCain will not win Wisconsin. I'll bet you a couple of rounds of drinks at the Beach Bar on that...you in?

I'm a White Sox, Bears and Northwestern fan...which means I'm kind of a loser.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Terry

Post by Terry »

Folks,
I'm embarassed as a woman that women would back Palin.
End of topic. :oops:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

SJfromNJ wrote:
Terry wrote:Folks,
Please tell us why. The floor is yours.
Wow.........that got my attention too. I'd think Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank would be enough embarassement to not cast stones.
jmq

Post by jmq »

I also was wondering about those questions about the economy and foreign policy that Palin didn’t answer/changed the topic on.

Didn’t she memorize the talking points on those topics that her debate coaches gave her? She had the other talking points memorized very well.
Or, didn’t she have some index cards on them? Maybe the “ECONOMY” and “FOREIGN POLICY” cards got stuck under the ones entitled “FOLKSY SAYINGS”, “QUIPS”, and “WINK and WRINKLE NOSE”.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Terry wrote:Folks,
Makes sense to me. The winks, the folksy talk, the entire package belittles women. She thinks that she can get by with a wink and a smile. Any self-respecting, professional woman would not rely on such.

C'mon. If opposing female counsel in court gave either the judge or me a wink, I'm quite sure we would soil ourselves with laughter. So, on an even larger stage, how the hell does Ms. Palin think she can do that crap and not offend her gender.

Soxfan, SJ/NJ...you can disagree with me and we can disagree about how this country should be run. But, as a father of three daughters, I now have a more difficult job. I have to figure out a way to explain to these young women why someone as qualified as Hillary is out, but someone as inane as Sarah could be VP. I also have to figure out a way to explain to these bright young women why our country places more value in a woman's wink than in her intellect.

This turns my guts inside out and makes me so ashamed. If you have a daughter, you might just understand.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
JT

Post by JT »

Obama will probably be the next president. that doesn't thrill me but I wish him, and us, lotsa luck in straightening out the mess that Cheney and Bush have left behind. He will appoint Hillary Clinton to the first opening that comes up on the Supreme Court. She'll make a better supreme court justice than politician.
Even a month ago I couldn't see me voting for Obama or McCain. But the Palin choice for VP will send me to the polls more to vote against her then for any other reason. Sad I know, but my duty and right as an American. I don't like her judgement on virtually anything she has to say politically, and the insulting and disrespectful winks put me over the line. I don't think Rush Limbaugh in a skirt has any business being anywhere close to the White House.
And to the folks that constantly belittle the liberal and moderate thinkers of this country I ask what makes you think that conservatives have a lock on patriotism and morality? Myself, I detest extremists on either side of the spectrum. They are both narrow minded.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Hey Pete, Hillary is out because her party turned on her. You can't blame that on the GOP.

I have 2 daughters. Explain again why I'm suppose to be ashamed????
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

The gay marriage issue does matter but if we socialize health care or tax health care benefits that will matter to all of us no matter what your sexual orientation.
When will I see St John again?
Lex

Post by Lex »

Now that Palin will be much more available to the press, I anticipate that things really will get stranger and stranger. And if she seemed like a good choice for a running mate, who would McCain select for his cabinet?
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Joe six pack here. Now I am offended I thought Joe six pack meant your average Joe with six pack abs. Palin has just been kicked off my MILF list :lol:
Lots of great points here on both sides. Going to make a huge generalization. Disclamer I'm neither a Democrat or Republican just vote for who I feel will do the best job. I wish SLICK WILLIE could run again he would get my vote for sure. We had some pretty good times back then and he did have our budget in the black. I feel our biggest threat to a strong America is getting our deficit back in check.
Happy with how ya got it now McCain
Want an America with some new direction Obama
Keep up the debate my furum friends it is very enlightning to here all your views. As CG said we are all fortunate we live in this great country. Gotta say one more thing if I here either McCain or Palin say MAVERICK one more time I think I may puke :lol:
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

Here you will find many female voices articulating why they are not for Sarah Palin:

http://womenagainstsarahpalin.blogspot.com/
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED