Palin...are you freakin' kidding?!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Terry wrote:The bill is 451 pages. I can assure you that it is filled with pork belly fat that all of us will be paying for in years to come. But the point is how did we get here? Clinton years were a money maker. Bush has spent over a trillion on a war that didn't need to happen. If we had that money back, we wouldn't have this bailout problem. I support troops, but don't believe this money was the best spent.
I think not Terry. Watch the youtube presentation on why this fiscal debacle may have happened and how congress reacted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs
Terry

Post by Terry »

Allan,
Are you riding your bike to work now to get a tax break?
:shock:
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

promoguy wrote:I think not Terry. Watch the youtube presentation on why this fiscal debacle may have happened and how congress reacted.

C'mon promoguy...That's factual stuff there...You can't post that!

It's funny when you see Maxine Waters (Democrat, CA) say..."we have to question the regulators..." (paraphrase). It is they (the democrats) who want MORE reulation. But anytime questions are asked, it's the regulators!

You couldn't make this stuff up.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Sox and Promo, you are wasting your time. If your like me, we think Ronald Reagan was the greatest president in our lifetime and they think Bill Clinton was. How do you debate that??? :? I feel like I'm watching MSNBC.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Whatever...and you all know what that means..... :shock:
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

cypressgirl wrote:Sox and Promo, you are wasting your time. If your like me, we think Ronald Reagan was the greatest president in our lifetime and they think Bill Clinton was. How do you debate that??? :? I feel like I'm watching MSNBC.
Cypress, know what? You're analogy to MSNBC is quite interesting, because since I've been posting, I've been getting this tingling feeling up and down my leg. But I'm not so sure it isn't a left over reaction from all the beer from yesterday.

Sox: This is one I love. Maxine Waters at her stupidest finest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqjFBiPMmBE
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

promoguy wrote:
cypressgirl wrote:Sox and Promo, you are wasting your time. If your like me, we think Ronald Reagan was the greatest president in our lifetime and they think Bill Clinton was. How do you debate that??? :? I feel like I'm watching MSNBC.
Cypress, know what? You're analogy to MSNBC is quite interesting, because since I've been posting, I've been getting this tingling feeling up and down my leg. But I'm not so sure it isn't a left over reaction from all the beer from yesterday.

Sox: This is one I love. Maxine Waters at her stupidest finest.

Ole' Maxine. She never fails to amuse. We have adorable Shelia Jackson (where's the camera) Lee to keep us entertained.

I need some fresh air, so I'm gonna polish and reload my pistol, go out back and see if I can shoot me up some wildlife on the golf course we live on, and then get all gussied up in my Sunday finest and git on over to the tent revival. We have a new one tonight that sould be a doozy. It's a Pro-Life Crusade. :roll:
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

What? FDR in 1929?

Tell me you're joking, right?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

promoguy wrote:
Terry wrote:The bill is 451 pages. I can assure you that it is filled with pork belly fat that all of us will be paying for in years to come. But the point is how did we get here? Clinton years were a money maker. Bush has spent over a trillion on a war that didn't need to happen. If we had that money back, we wouldn't have this bailout problem. I support troops, but don't believe this money was the best spent.
I think not Terry. Watch the youtube presentation on why this fiscal debacle may have happened and how congress reacted.

Promoguy, I had not seen this video until you posted it earlier. Honestly, I do find it very troubling. We'd like to think the people we elect are making sound, reasonable, intelligent decisions. Obviously, that is not the case on many issues. What is the explanation for Congress's inaction concerning Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007?

Since 1995 until last year, Republicans have controlled both the House and Senate. Surely, the majority sounding the alarm weren't brow-beaten into submission by the minority members who refused to believe there was an impending economic crisis? What the hell were they all doing up there? (And by all, I mean each and every member of Congress.)

Looks to me like there's plenty of blame to go around, but placing blame doesn't solve the problem. Each member of Congress needs to be held accountable for his or her actions. We can't even get Senator Mitch McConnell to agree to debate his opponent this year. This is the same McConnell who has opposed campaign finance reform for years calling it an effort to repeal the First Amendment. Huh? And Kentucky voters keep electing him year after year after year.

There are many times I throw my hands up and wish we could toss them all out and start over. Surely, a new crop couldn't do any worse.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

promoguy wrote: Sox: This is one I love. Maxine Waters at her stupidest finest.

That's really rich...How do these people get elected?
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

cypressgirl wrote: Ole' Maxine. She never fails to amuse. We have adorable Shelia Jackson (where's the camera) Lee to keep us entertained.

I need some fresh air, so I'm gonna polish and reload my pistol, go out back and see if I can shoot me up some wildlife on the golf course we live on, and then get all gussied up in my Sunday finest and git on over to the tent revival. We have a new one tonight that sould be a doozy. It's a Pro-Life Crusade. :roll:
Hey, at least you don't have to listen to the likes of Chris "everything is fine with fannie mae" Dodd. What a crook that guy is.

At least we have Lieberman here in CT. A man with a spine. Although, the CT Dems are now trying to have him removed from the party due to his lack of support of The Chosen One.

He really should come on over from the Dark Side. We'll look past his abortion stance. He believes that radical islam needs to be defeated by our military, not the NYPD (Obama thinks terorrism is a "criminal issue"). And afterall, if our freedom and liberty isn't protected, there is no abortion arguement. So I say, come on over Joe! You betcha!!! :wink:
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Re: Waters. If you mentally instill victimhood in your consituency if is very easy for her to get elected over and over again. Kind of a bad reflection don't ya think? Problem is that her constituency in South Central Los Angeles is becoming more Latinoized (sic). Unfortunately, they are many illegals so won't get involved.

I actually know the fellow running against her. Ever heard of the proverbial snowball in hell.

Los Angeles & California politics is something that transforms the locals and finds it's way across the country. Watch out!!!

Me, well, at 64 years I won't have to put up with it as long as younger folks.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED