Bosses' Day

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

I think I'll get me something really special this year for bosses day...perhaps a Sony Brava flat screen. I've been good to me all year, I think I deserve it.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:I think I'll get me something really special this year for bosses day...perhaps a Sony Brava flat screen. I've been good to me all year, I think I deserve it.
I hope bayer doesn't read that!
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I wouldn't care about it if my co-worker hadn't already brought her gift.
Bug

Post by Bug »

iowaguy wrote:Boss's day is particularly ridiculous. The reward for being the boss is, well, being the boss. On top of getting to boss people around, you get a present?
Unless your middle management. Then you have your boss breathing down your neck and your workers are always giving you crap. No fun!

XOXO
Bug
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

What did I get for Boss’s Day? Yesterday...nothing. Today, I find a bag with a ribbon on my desk. I knew I was in trouble when I tried to pick it up and the handle fell off. What's inside? A hand drawn card, two pamphlets on substance abuse in the workplace, a used pedometer that someone wrote #1 Boss on with a Sharpie, an old civil service jar opener, a bag of stale pretzels, 4 pieces of candy that are so gummy they are stuck together, a Food City value card, 3 marbles, and a used emery board.

Does this mean:
1) They know me well enough to know that I hate those made up holidays and that I didn't even KNOW it was boss's day.
2) They are cheap asses.
3) They are forgetful.
4) They hate me.

I am going to go with #4 and fire them all.
linne

Post by linne »

I'm so surprised. Have never heard about "Boss’s Day".

Do you really give your boss a present on a special day :?:

What if there is 100 people in the firm and only one boss :?:

Linne
RickG

Post by RickG »

Boss's Day? I celebrate it every time a customer pays an invoice, right after I run payroll and pay benefits.

I did order a new Samsung 46" flat screen for the office.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

VickiH wrote:What did I get for Boss’s Day? Yesterday...nothing. Today, I find a bag with a ribbon on my desk. I knew I was in trouble when I tried to pick it up and the handle fell off. What's inside? A hand drawn card, two pamphlets on substance abuse in the workplace, a used pedometer that someone wrote #1 Boss on with a Sharpie, an old civil service jar opener, a bag of stale pretzels, 4 pieces of candy that are so gummy they are stuck together, a Food City value card, 3 marbles, and a used emery board.

Does this mean:
1) They know me well enough to know that I hate those made up holidays and that I didn't even KNOW it was boss's day.
2) They are cheap asses.
3) They are forgetful.
4) They hate me.

I am going to go with #4 and fire them all.
One of the managers here got a company distributed plastic cup that was signed by his staff. Everyone cracked up over it.

I am not a boss to anyone but my boss.. so he bought me a card!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

linne wrote:I'm so surprised. Have never heard about "Boss’s Day".

Do you really give your boss a present on a special day :?:

What if there is 100 people in the firm and only one boss :?:

Linne
Good call Linne! 100 presents maybe? I really don't think too many people "celebrate" boss's day. My personal opinion is that it's a holiday made up by the greeting card companies to sell more stuff to people! :lol:

There's a "secretary's day" too, but how many times have I ever gotten a present from my boss? Zero, nada, zilch! Besides, the word "secretary" isn't even politically correct any more! Maybe they changed it to Administrative Assistant's day? Whatever. I still never even got a single flower from any of my various bosses over the years!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I am with California Girl, it's just another Hallmark holiday, along with Grandparents Day, Mother in Law's Day, Administrative Professionals Day, Best Friends Day, on and on and on....

Tomorrow is apparently "Sweetest Day." What's that one? I have no idea.

No gift for the boss on "bosses day."
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Bill in Va

I did and am glad I did

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo..Please don't think less of me but....I slept with my boss last night. And I plan on doing it again tonight! Hey you do what ya gotta do in this profession. Oh by the way she is also my wife!!!...God bless...Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I love bosses day!
I got a beautiful mum, some yummy chocolate, breakfast and a wonderful lunch!

I got my boss wine and chocolate.
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Our crew really likes our boss. He's a stand up dude.

He's a nice guy, he takes us out for drinks every once in a while, he takes us out for Christmas breakfast every year, he's had us over to house for a bbq a few times.

We get him a cheeky b-day & x-mas present every year and this year someone remembered Bosses Day so we put together a small travel kit to go with him on a trip to Japan today.

The cool thing is that we didn't feel obligated to do it. We did it cuz we like him.

Gifts don't have to cost alot or fuel Hallmark's bottomline. If you put thought into it, it IS the thought that counts.
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

I'm an attorney with a mid-size firm, and the staff here actually has a really nice tradition on Boss' (oh crap, I forget the proper grammar) Day. Instead of worrying about cards or presents, the staff (there are about 45 of them) each make a dish and we have a HUGE office potluck lunch for all 70 of us. It's good too - nothing like 45 Southern women bringing in dozens of casseroles, meats and desserts. It's like Thanksgiving in October.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED