The Stormy View from Luna Vista

Travel discussion for St. John
jimg20

The Stormy View from Luna Vista

Post by jimg20 »

I have exchanged emails with Bruce at Luna Vista, I am happy to report that all is well. He gave me permission to post his report to reassure his friends on the forum.

JIM

"Yes we dodged a bullet. 2 hours before Omar arrived it strengthened into a Cat 3, but it also took another 5 degree turn to the East. Another good thing about Omar was that the center was very compact and it sped up to 20 MPH, extrordinarily fast. We were fortunate that we had power and Internet all the while. We were able to watch the Puerto Rico radar. We could see the West side of the eyewall pass about 2 miles East of St Croix and then about 20 miles to our East. . With the fact that we were to the West and the 20 MPH movement lessened the wind on that side, we probably only had max 50-60 with maybe a gust to 70.

So we are fine and are spending the day cleaning up and un boarding.

Thank you for thinking of us.

Bruce"
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

That's great news, Jim. Thanks for sharing that info with us. LV is such a great house with great owners.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Amy

Post by Amy »

I was away at a conference for the last few days, but I was thinking about and worrying about everyone in the VIs! I'm so glad Bruce and Jan (and the pets!) are doing okay, and that St. John seemed to be spared the worst. My brother and his family were in Nevis this week, and I think they just got out yesterday after being stuck during the storm.
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Glad to hear you got through okay. Such a lovely place; was thinking about you both and the 4-footed kids, too!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Glad to hear that all is well with Jan & Bruce :)